Description: PCCC is looking for an individual serious about serving in Ministry. Great work ethic and open to living on top of Palomar Mountain in San Diego County. Applications and more information on our conference center ministry can be found on our
web site at www.pccc.org. Contact Joseph Stevens at 760.742.3400.
Position Title: Food Service Staff
Reports to: Executive Chef
FLSA Status: Regular, Non Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for either getting meals out on time and up to the standard that is expected, completing the clean up from a meal and prepping for the next day’s meals and/or responsible for the operations of the Dining Room; ensuring that the needs of the guests are being net in a gracious and hospitable manner in accordance with the Executive Chef’s expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Required to get meals out on time and at the expectations of the Executive Chef’s quality standard.
2. Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and storeroom.
3. Notify the Executive Chef of needed repairs or safety issues.
4. Maintain an inventory of needed supplies; notifying the Executive Chef of any items that need to be ordered.
5. Complete dishes from any given meal in a timely manner.
6. Read next day’s menu to make pulls and prep what needs to be done.
7. Maintain food expectations and presentation at all times.
8. Ensure that guests’ needs are met at all times.
9. Maintain the cleanliness of the Dining Room.
10. Organize seating for groups and ensure that tables are appropriately set.
11. Coordinate with the Executive Chef on staggered meals times.
12. Maintain food on buffet tables during meal times and also responsible for the upkeep and cleaning of buffet tables.
13. Welcome groups at the door and announce clean up procedures to the guests.
14. Visit with the guests going through the buffet line to ensure guests’ needs are being met.
15. Coordinate with Executive Chef on weekly clean ups to ensure they are completed.
16. Ensure that guest comment cards are available for adult groups.
17. Maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
18. These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
19. Wash dishes, if needed.
Job Skills and Requirements
1. Has a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Demonstrates personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance with God’s Word. Is in agreement with the PCCC statement of faith.
2. Understands the mission of PCCC and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal.
3. Is teachable in managerial and interpersonal skills, is self-directed, flexible, creative and a good communicator.
4. Enjoys and relates well with others, exhibiting patience and a strong Christian witness.
5. Must obtain a food handler’s certificate.
6. Is able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
7. Maintains a professional appearance through hygiene and grooming habits.
8. Regular, timely attendance.
Typical Work Schedule
This position will average 40 hours per week, in a five day work week.
Food Service Staff is directly accountable to the Executive Chef.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Camp NurseThe Salvation Army
- Ellwood City , Pennsylvania
- May 14
Sr. Director of Finance/Accounting (CFO)Forest Home
- Forest Falls, California
- May 8
Food Service CoordinatorPrivate Profile
- Maple Valley, Washington
- May 1
Catering ManagerCreative Dining Services
- Sioux Center, Iowa
- April 24