This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Band Leader
Irvine Presbyterian Church
Irvine, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/23/2012
Categories: Church/Ministry - Music Ministry
Job Type: Part-Time
In close partnership with the Head of Staff and the Worship Planning Team the Worship Band Leader will provide musical, artistic and liturgical leadership for both blended worship services and band-led worship services at IPC so that God is glorified, the people are edified, and our neighbors are drawn to the Savior. Through prayerful planning and execution as well as the recruiting, training and enabling of lay ministers, he/she will help IPC invite a broader segment of our community into the worship of God.
1. Recruits, develops and leads a diverse group of musicians and vocalists for the worship band.
2. Selects contempory music for worship services.
3. Leads congregational singing of contemporary worship songs
4. Participates in worship leadership as assigned. (Scripture readings, prayers, etc.)
5. Participates actively in the worship planning team, providing recommendations and input related to order of worship components.
6. Practices and prepares for rehearsals and worship services.
7. Provides sound set-up for rehearsals and interface with sound technicians providing direction for appropriate mixing and resolving issues.
8. Masters computer applications such as Planning Center On-Line, Google docs, etc..
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors of Music or related experience or degrees.
2. Preference of a minimum of four years experience planning and leading church worship.
3. Leads with guitar and/or piano.
4. High-level competency playing/singing by ear.
5. Ability to choose music that is in alignment with the liturgical and other music elements of a service.
6. Ability to read and write music/chord charts.
7. Memorize music/lyrics.
8. Proficient in music theory, rhythmic skills and playing or singing with other musicians.
9. Providing recorded music for interview/selection process a plus.