This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 08/17/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
for the position of
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Live58 is seeking a leader who is passionate about ending extreme global poverty and passionate about the Church embracing her critical role in that work. Live58 equips the Church to cultivate spiritual formation in Christ-followers (lives committed to fasting, prayer, generosity and celebration) that results in poverty-eradicating work. This leadership role is an opportunity to shepherd the organization from a strong start-up to a sustainable, movement-enabling organization that attracts tens of thousands of Christians to commit to ‘live 58’.
Live58 is a Christ-centered 501c3 religious non-profit organization (www.live58.org) based in Colorado Springs, CO. Our name “Live58” comes from the mandate in Isaiah 58 to care for the poor and oppressed. Live58 serves a global alliance of Christians, churches and world-class poverty-fighting organizations working together to end extreme global poverty in our lifetime by living the “true fast” of Isaiah 58.
Live58 promotes a movement of fasting, prayer, generosity, and celebration. We invite Christians to live the “true fast” of Isaiah 58 to end extreme poverty. We celebrate the good news is that extreme poverty has been cut in half in only 25 years (from 52% of the world's population in 1981 to less than 26% in 2005). Our mission is to inspire and equip the Church to finish the job and end extreme poverty by 2035.
Live58 offers resources (film and print material as well as web-based experiences) to motivate, educate and inspire people toward deeper engagement in the cause. An example of one of our programs is the 58: Global Impact Tour (live58.org/tour), where we ask people to join us to fast, pray, and give to a poverty-fighting project each month through the 58: Alliance – ten of the world’s leading Christian poverty fighting organizations. To learn more about Live58, watch the short film “The Poor Will NOT Always Be With Us”.
In 2035, extreme poverty will be defeated and the role of Christians in that endeavor will bring glory to God.
Our Core Values:
Live58: is a Christ-centered movement in service to the global and local church. We are committed to:
Human Dignity – We affirm that all people are made in the image of God
and treat them accordingly.
Christian Holism – We see people as inseparably physical, relational and
spiritual beings and are therefore committed to their holistic protection and
Excellence – We seek continuous improvement and expect results.
Unity – We build unprecedented collaboration to multiply our impact for
Personal Faithfulness – We believe small acts of faithfulness, aligned with
God’s heart, delight God and change the world.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for Live58’s staff, programs, growth, and execution of its mission (“inspire and equip the church to end extreme poverty by living the true fast of Isaiah 58”). The top priority of the Executive Director is to develop and execute a growth model that moves Live58 from its startup phase into a sustainable long-term organization.
The Executive Director will lead the organization to develop strategies and execute programs in collaboration with the 58:Alliance partners that grow the Live58 movement in four key areas:
1. Number of active church relationships
2. Number of active members of the movement (people fasting, praying, giving, and/or celebrating)
3. Donations to poverty fighting projects through the 58:Alliance
4. Financial support for Live58 operating costs through grants from individual major donors and foundations
The Executive Director serves as the principal spokesperson for the cause while also inspiring and enabling Christian leaders to champion the cause within their spheres of influence. He or she will be a compelling communicator for the mission of Live58 with a variety of audiences. He or she will lead a small, high-performing team to accomplish the mission.
• Work with the Board of Directors to develop a sustainable growth model
• Responsible for overall operations and financial management of Live58
• Serves as principal spokesperson for the cause in a variety of contexts
• Develop or support the development of key church relationships that result in church engagement with Live58
• Develop or support the development of financial support such as major donors and foundations that provide for Live58 operating expenses
• Responsible for organization structure, hiring, and staff development
• Develop and motivate a diverse staff as a high-performing team
• Work with staff to develop, monitor and report on strategies and plans for:
o Church engagement – recruiting churches to join the Live58 movement
o New member acquisition – recruiting individuals to join the Live58
o Member development – programs to encourage members to fast, pray, and
give to poverty-fighting projects
• Cultivate strong relationship, unity and engagement ofs the 58: Alliance members
• A committed follower of Jesus Christ with a passion to end extreme poverty and see Christ glorified through the results. Solid understanding of Christian theology, with a broad understanding of the Christian church and Christian culture. Spiritually mature, servant leader, humble yet strong with an ability to lead by example.
• Track record of public speaking demonstrating motivational communication skills.
• Professional with 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership role responsible for strategy, execution (non-profit experience preferred.) Management responsibilities for people, operations, and financial performance.
• Demonstrated visionary leadership in growing an organization, partnerships, and achieving significant results.
• Strong ability to develop and maintain strategic partnerships.
• Experience in working with volunteers and boards.
• Experience in partnering with churches to implement programs that inspire church members to take action. Demonstrated leadership in advancing a cause or movement through community or church mobilization.
• Personal experience or strong knowledge of international relief and development work. Culturally competent; able to work with and represent people groups from around the globe.
• Success in raising capital or funds toward a cause or major initiative.
• Experience in start-up environment.
For those wishing to be considered, to suggest a name, or for more information contact: email@example.com.