Salem Communications is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We currently have part-time positions available for Board Operators at WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Must operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots.”
• Protect the company’s F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief Operator.
• Able to read and follow program log, play programs, spots and Station Identification’s for multiple stations.
• Ability to perform simple production duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specific Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Prior experience in running audio console at a commercial or non-commercial
radio station necessary. (not just at college or broadcast school).
• Experience in a similar format/formats preferred.
• Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems.
• Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs.
• Experience working with Rivendell or other broadcast automation systems.
• Able to work regular weekend shifts.
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
• Ability to interact and work well with other staff.
• Must be dependable and able to work and problem-solve independently.
• Must be able to pay attention to details and be organized.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
E-mail your resume to Bob Jones, Broadcast Operations Director,
Positions will remain open until filled. Salem Communications (WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
No relocation offered.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Advertising Account Executive- San AntonioSalem Communications
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 5
Promotions DirectorCRISTA Ministries
- Lynden, Washington
- November 27
Account Executive - WLCC Radio Luz- Tampa, FLSalem Communications
- Tampa, Florida
- November 21
Account Executive-WLSS Sarasota Market, FloridaSalem Communications
- Sarasota, Florida
- November 21
KFSH Promotion Director -Los Angeles, CASalem Communications
- Los Angeles, California
- November 20
Salem Communications is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programing to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing, More...