Salem Communications is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We currently have part-time positions available for Board Operators at WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Must operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots.”
• Protect the company’s F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief Operator.
• Able to read and follow program log, play programs, spots and Station Identification’s for multiple stations.
• Ability to perform simple production duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specific Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Prior experience in running audio console at a commercial or non-commercial
radio station necessary. (not just at college or broadcast school).
• Experience in a similar format/formats preferred.
• Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems.
• Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs.
• Experience working with Rivendell or other broadcast automation systems.
• Able to work regular weekend shifts.
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
• Ability to interact and work well with other staff.
• Must be dependable and able to work and problem-solve independently.
• Must be able to pay attention to details and be organized.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
E-mail your resume to Bob Jones, Broadcast Operations Director,
Positions will remain open until filled. Salem Communications (WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
No relocation offered.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Promotions Director - Portland, ORSalem Media Group
- Portland, Oregon
- March 31
Chief Marketing Officer, Outreach, Inc.AGORA Consulting
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- March 30
Account Executive - Denver, COSalem Media Group
- Denver, Colorado
- March 27
Multimedia Marketing Consultant - Detroit, MISalem Media Group
- Detroit, Michigan
- March 27
Account Manager - Washington DCSalem Media Group
- Washington, District of Columbia
- March 26
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...