Job Title: Director of Church Relations
Job Category: Radio/Broadcasting/Media
Full Time - Exempt Monday-Friday
Medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, accrued vacation and sick time
Salary commensurate with experience
Salem Communications Corporation is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the United States. Salem Communications Tampa is looking for an extremely organized, detail-oriented individual who is familiar with the Hispanic Pastoral community in the Tampa Bay area and who loves building and developing client relationships to join our team in directing ministry outreach for a Hispanic Christian Teaching Talk station.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Develop new ministry programs---by helping local churches magnify their
impact through broadcasts on radio
• Serve area churches --- by honoring local pastors and
strengthening our position as a clearinghouse for Christian information
• Expand listenership---through stronger outreach to our primary Christian
talk and teaching audience in church congregations
• Meet with Business Manager weekly to update RPB report
• Develop new and service existing spot advertising as church outreach
• Assist in On Air Fund Raising Activities … Example: “Food For the Poor”
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Must be bi-lingual – Fluent in Spanish and English
• BS Communication, Marketing or Business Administration or comparable experience in this field
• 2-5 years’ experience in the radio industry is essential
• Ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is highly motivated, dependable, energetic, and displays professionalism and enthusiasm when representing the company.
• Should be comfortable working with pastoral and faith-based community
• Must demonstrate problem-solving and time management skills
• Must have excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment
• Must be innovative and strategic
• Sales experience
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Salem Communications Tampa
5211 W. Laurel Street Ste. 101
Tampa, FL 33607
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
On-Air Personality Opportunities - Full and Part Time - KRYP-FM 93.1 El ReySalem Communications
- Portland , Oregon
- September 30
Art Director - Washington, DCSalem Communications
- Washington, District of Columbia
- September 25
Account Executive - Chicago, ILSalem Communications
- Chicago, Illinois
- September 24
Videographer/Video EditorGroup Publishing, Inc.
- Loveland, Colorado
- September 23
Continuity/Traffic Coordinator/Receptionist- ChicagoSalem Communications
- Chicago, Illinois
- September 19
Salem Communications is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programing to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing, More...