This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Major Gifts
Turning Point for God
Lakeside, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/09/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Turning Point Ministries
Employment Opportunity- San Diego Headquarters
Director of Major Gifts
Turning Point for God is the radio and television ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah, senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church. It is an international ministry with a vision to reach every language group in the world with the Gospel and the teachings of God’s Word. From a modest beginning thirty years ago, Turning Point is now accessible by 2.5 billion people worldwide every day through radio, television, and the Internet.
In this highly visible role, the Director of Major Gifts will work closely with all levels of management to raise funds from individual donors and prospects at the major gifts level (five, six, and seven-figure gifts). Specifically, he/she will work with senior staff to identify, cultivate, solicit, and finalize gifts; steward donors as well as prospects with major gift capability; manage a portfolio of prospects and participate in one-on-one cultivations as well as solicitations; plan strategies to move prospect relationships forward; prepare letters of inquiry and proposals to prospects and donors on behalf of Turning Point Ministries.
• Qualify and cultivate prospective donors.
• Develop and propose strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including: determining ongoing relationships with prospect/donor; recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; assuring that solicitations are carried out.
• Manage 5-9 staff members.
• Develop and implement programs for major and special gifts staff professional development, process documentation and improvement, and progress tracking. Work closely with other managers to insure effective coordination of effort with all Turning Point programs and to reinforce the prospect relationship continuum.
• Participate, as required, in key management team efforts including solicitation strategy teams for key prospects and internal planning efforts.
• Keep current on all Turning Point fundraising programs, content development and media strategies.
• Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of major and special gifts donors in coordination with the Creative Director and direct response teams.
• Build a solid team and provide leadership as well as direction to the Donor Development Department.
• Monitor staff productivity and motivate the team.
• Write clear and concise letters and reports.
• Manage the Development team in accordance with ministry policies and procedures.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Set clear goals and objectives and provide accountability in meeting those goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5 years’ experience in a senior management position.
• A Christian testimony that aligns with the biblical teaching of the ministry.
• A belief in and a thorough understanding of biblical stewardship.
• Need to exude a passion for and understanding of God’s Word.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Position is at the Turning Point International Headquarters in Lakeside, CA
• Must be a like-minded believer and share our passion to deliver the unchanging Word of God to an ever-changing world.
Days: Monday-Friday, with some travel
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Please submit letter of interest, resume including salary requirement, and Christian testimony to email@example.com