This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Salem Media Group
Irving, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/10/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Salem Communications (NASDAQ:SALM), the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming, is looking for a Network Accountant for our corporate office, reporting to our Irving, Texas location.
The Network Accountant will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports using discretion and judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compiles and analyzes monthly financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions and compilation of monthly financial statements.
• Perform Network revenue and payable reconciliations and resolve variances.
• Review for accuracy and completeness of payment/voucher process.
• Participate in annual budget preparation and planning.
• Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
• Collects appropriate data and prepares property tax, federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
• Preparation of audit workpaper for annual audit. Coordinate audit requests.
• Maintain and update various financial statement schedules.
• Special projects assigned by Network President and Business Manager.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting or finance and/or minimum five years experience in the field of accounting. Must be excellent in the use of computer spreadsheets and general ledger accounting software. CPA preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization.
Salem Communications offers a competitive salary based upon experience and a comprehensive benefit package as well as paid holidays and paid vacation.
Please visit our website for more information about Salem Communications at www.salem.cc
If you posses these qualifications and Salem Communications sounds like the company for you, please submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
Salem Communications and Salem Radio Network are Equal Opportunity Employers.