This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Evangelical Free Church
Garrettsville, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 07/31/2012
Job Type: Part-Time
We are seeking a Christ-exalting, Bible-centered youth pastor for our student ministry, grades 7th through 12th. This will be a start-up position with the opportunity to build from the ground up. (We already have about 12 youth in this age category at the present time.) We envision this as a part-time, leading to full-time position as the Lord builds this ministry. We are looking for the right person who will have strong gifts in teaching and leading this age group.
- A sense of personal calling to this type of ministry.
- A servant's heart, and a desire to lead today's youth to a more intimate relationship with Christ, through discipleship, activities, and a godly lifestyle.
- A minimum of an Associates Degree in Biblical Studies or Youth Ministry (or equivalent in experience).
- Agreement with the Evangelical Free Church Statement of Faith, as found at the EFCA website:
www.efca.org (Click on "About the EFCA", and then click on "Statement of Faith".)
- A minimum age of 22.
Responsibilities will include:
- Personal devotional life, in prayer and God's Word.
- Plan lessons and activities for youth group meetings and events.
- Carry out one-on-one discipleship as the Lord directs, in the spirit of 2nd Timothy 2:2.
- Build and cultivate relationships with parents of teens.
- Develop a PLAN OF ACTION to reach the area youth with the Gospel, sharing and working with board of elders
and pastor in this process.
- Meet with pastor on regular basis (for accountability, motivation, and planning).
- Develop adult sponsors (leadership assistance) network and support within the church.
- Develop evangelism and visitation vision, involving youth in this work.
- Develop evangelism training among youth and inspire Great Commission lifestyle.
- Endeavor to develop a biblical "worldview" among the youth.
- Develop ways to utilize existing resources (church building and grounds,). NOTE: We have outdoor basketball
court and more than 10 acres of mowed property.
- Build relationship with local schools and administrators.
- Plan events that will get the attention of the community (service-oriented, etc.)
- Regular communications with parents and youth, to keep them informed of coming events and plans.
- Coordinate all youth activities with the church calendar and the appropriate boards.
- Submit quarterly reports to the congregation, and as needed, to the Board of Elders.
- Assist in youth fundraising activities.
Questions concerning this job description should be directed to the Board of Elders, or to the Lay Leader (Dave Stratton). Church Phone: 330-527-4068