This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Donor Relations Officer
Union Gospel Mission of Salem
Salem, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 07/31/2012
Categories: Communications - Fundraising
Job Type: Full-Time
Applications are required to be considered for this position. You can download the application at www.ugmsalem.org
POSITION TITLE: Donor Relations Officer
LOCATION: Administrative Offices
745 Commercial St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
Under the direction of the Vice President of Advancement assist in overall fund raising and public relations
strategy to support overall ministry objectives. Responsible for newsletter production, web site and social
media content updates, special events, and assisting in donor relations and community awareness.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Provides operational support and supervision in assigned areas of the Advancement Department.
2. Directly responsible for:
Monthly Newsletter production
Maintaining current content on Website, Facebook and other “internet-media” as needed.
Assist in church/community relations in coordination with the Advancement Department
Assist with donor relations as assigned by the Vice President of Advancement
3. Assist in providing “story personalization” as needed in support of direct mail program.
4. Submits all necessary paperwork and reports necessary for month-end and other reporting requirements
5. Attend various Mission functions and meetings as required
6. Maintain a positive, encouraging Christian work atmosphere by demonstrating and training staff in
appropriate Customer Service C.A.R.E. standards:
A. Committed – performs job with integrity – respects and honors others
B. Attentive – models honesty and courtesy to all. Good listener.
C. Responsive – Takes responsibility for quality results. Serves effectively.
D. Excellent – Seeks to improve performance while providing excellent service.
7. Participate in community outreach, fellowship and continued Christian growth.
8. Assist with other duties as needed and directed by the Vice President of Advancement.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Excellent administrative organizational and interpersonal skills required.
2. Excellent written communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and donor database software applications.
4. Working knowledge of social media.
5. Ability to work in a multitask environment.
6. Valid OR State Driver’s License and able to use own vehicle for occasional business purposes.
7. Must agree with Union Gospel Mission of Salem’s Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
Education: BA/BS degree (preferably in Business or Marketing) or equivalent years of experience
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in development/fund-raising.