Monrovia, Liberia - The Regional Program Development Officer, West Africa (RPDO) will work throughout West Africa as a part of the International Program Development Unit. The RPDO will focus on supporting and coordinating Samaritan’s Purse (SP) Field Offices as it relates the pursuit and development of programs and grant proposals in Africa. The incumbent will provide consultation in processes related to program and grant proposals to include writing, editing and the compilation of lessons learned. This position may be up to 40% travel.
• Develop programming and proposals for SP Africa field offices using current SP program models and best practices. On occasion the RPDO will be asked to assist in the initial program implementation of proposals they write
• Build capacity of SP Africa field offices in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and qualitative evaluation skills
• Build relationships on behalf of SP Africa field offices with bilateral donors, International Non-governmental Organizations, and other agencies
• Align with the various SP Country Directors regarding the rules and regulations of the field office and ensure that they are aware of all meetings, progress and ideas being formulated
• Ensure that all proposals follow timetables that allow for the input/review by the technical advisors and the finance department and involve the Technical Advisory Unit in the concept development process of grant submissions
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public
• Master’s degree in international development or related field and/or 3-5 years of program/proposal development experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
• Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports.
• Knowledge of skills such as monitoring and evaluation; utilizing information, education, and communication; and program implementation/management.
• Field experience in relief and program development, program implementation and proposal development.
• Prior cross-cultural experience.
• Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such as the UN, CIDA, DFID and USAID etc.
• Desire to help lead people to knowledge of Jesus Christ that transforms desperate situations.
• Fluency in spoken and written French is a plus
12-24 month contract with potential for renewal.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Community Manager (Case Manager)Joy Ranch, A Christian Home for Children
- Woodlawn, Virginia
- September 28
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...