Summary of Position
The Staff Accountant will be a Coordinator Level position, and report to the Business Manager & the Executive Director. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for organizational accounting, resolving discrepancies, financial reporting, maintaining the chart of accounts, establishing new funds, and monthly financial reporting.
The Staff Accountant will play a critical role in partnering with the division directors in strategic decision making and operations as Hope for the Hungry continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a financial leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Hope for the Hungry is a non-profit missions organization. All staff members are "volunteers" and develop a financial support team to provide for their individual financial needs.
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Produce and distribute monthly “Statement of Financial Position” to Executive Director and Board President.
• Oversee and administrate all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors. Assess any changes necessary and communicate needed changes to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
• Assist with the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director. Maintain updated budget analysis.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
• Resolve fund related problems and follow up with division directors on new projects/funds to be created.
• Reconciliation of donations received and timely transfer of funds to appropriate accounts.
• Reconcile all pending accounts on a monthly basis.
• Manage the chart of accounts.
• Establish new funds, process donation journal entries, investigate discrepancies and prepare detailed records and reports as required.
• Prepare and reconcile all monthly financial statements.
• Assist in creating, monitoring and updating financial related policies and procedures.
• Initiate and participate in data clean-up projects.
• Provide back up or assistance to other Financial Management staff which requires a well-rounded knowledge in the areas of systems, accounting and tax receipting and other donor related issues.
• Administrate payroll production including W2 production and 1099 preparation for independent contractors.
• Manage and monitor company credit card account
• Manage Cashlinq and PayPall accounts (online donation portals)
• Other duties as requested or required by the Executive Director
• Exercises judgment and initiative in interpreting policy and guidelines on financial matters.
• Has in-depth understanding of institutional financial policies and procedures and makes appropriate decisions based on this knowledge.
Walk with the Lord
Personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior, continually maturing as a Christian and bearing fruit. Active member in good standing at a local, Bible believing church.
Education and/or Experience
• Post-secondary education in accounting or equivalent experience. CPA or CMA designation preferred but not required
• 3-5 years administrative and accounting experience preferably within a Non-Profit environment.
• Must have analytical experience, be accurate with figures, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
• Software expertise in QuickBooks Premier (preferably for Non-Profits), Microsoft Excel, and MS Word.
• Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
Accounting ManagerCornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago
- Chicago, Illinois
- August 27
Chief Financial OfficerPrivate Profile
- Roseville, California
- August 26
Grant Compliance OfficerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- August 22
Part-time Credit and Collections Assistant-Dallas, TXSalem Communications
- Dallas, Texas
- August 22
Financial AnalystPrivate Profile
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- August 20
Hope for the Hungry
Hope for the Hungry is an interdenominational ministry focusing on assisting children worldwide, and serving missionaries who have responded to God’s call to “Share the Bread of Life with a Starving World.” Hope for the Hungry was founded in 1982 by Dan and Kandy Kirkley as a result of Christ’s command to “Feed My Sheep.” The Kirkleys responded to the fact that an average of 40,000 children around the world were dying daily of malnutrition. Hope for the Hungry is a wonderful organization, working to make a difference in the lives of the poore More...