This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
SQL Database Administrator
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 07/25/2012
Categories: Education - IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary exists to provide theological education for individuals engaging in Christian ministry. Southwestern is a non-profit, educational institution that provides a community of faith and learning that develops spiritual leaders with a passion for Christ and the Bible, a love for people, and the skills to minister effectively in a rapidly changing world. SWBTS is located in Fort Worth, TX.
The Division of Business Administration at SWBTS is seeking a full-time SQL Database Administrator. The SQL Database Administrator provides technical expertise in the implementation, maintenance, and support of relational database management systems used by Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Primary SQL Database Administrator tasks include:
1. Administration and support of multiple SQL Server instances including Production and Test Environment
2. Perform SQL Server installations, upgrades and patches to include third-party vendor solutions
3. Perform database performance analysis, tuning and disaster recovery
4. Configure database backups and perform backup/recovery testing
5. Assist the Software Development team with SQL database design, report creations, and custom queries
Other Job Requirements/Qualifications
This individual is required to work individually and on a team environment. The SQL Database Administrator must be detail oriented with strong organization, written and oral communication skills. Needs to be self motivated and has good analytical and problem solving skills.
Specialized Computer Skills Needed
Two+ years of experience in database administration and support of production SQL databases in an enterprise level environment including:
* Practical experience with SQL 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2
* Working knowledge of creating SQL Views
* Ability to configure SQL Server Reporting Services
* Able to implement and troubleshoot SQL Clustering
* Experience working with SQL server in a virtualized environment
* Practical knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint a plus
* Experience with any of the following third part SQL database products a plus: Blackboard, Blackbaud, SirsiDynix, Ellucianm & Quest.
Other Physical Requirements
The SQL Database Administrator must have excellent English speaking skills and be able to work in a standard office environment.