This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Gresham, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 07/17/2012
Categories: Church Staff - Music Ministry
Job Type: Part-Time
Thanks for looking. Position filled 9/9/2012.
Not accepting any more applications.
Student Ministries / Music
Description: A part time (30 hours) staff position without benefits at a mid-sized Protestant conservative evangelical church in Gresham, Oregon.
Responsible to: Pastor Joel Woodard
Relates closely to: Other staff, volunteers in music and youth ministries, sound/tech volunteers, and setup crews
Student Ministries (20 hrs)
1. Develop and lead programs according to the vision for the youth ministry.
2. Oversee teaching time for youth meetings
3. Recruit and train volunteer leaders
4. Disciple young people, actively pursue relationships
5. Build and maintain quality relationships with parents
6. Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole
Music (10 hrs)
1. Weekly meetings with Joel and/or Barry to evaluate previous Sunday and plan upcoming services.
2. Mentor, assist, develop and encourage music leaders, instrumentalists, and vocalists
3. Schedule leaders, vocalists and instrumentalists 3 months in advance using Planning Center Online
4. Ensure that PowerPoint files are proofed and submitted by Friday each week.
5. Work with A/V technicians to minimize distractions during services.
6. Keep CCLI licenses and records current.
The right person for this position will:
Be emotionally and spiritually mature, practicing personal spiritual disciplines
Be able to work independently, attentive to details
Be proficient on at least one lead instrument
Have a teachable spirit
Team player, able to work with others
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Passion to make disciples
• Able to sing well and play at least one lead instrument
• At least 30 hours of Bible related education
• One year experience working in youth ministry
Assessment: Job Assessments by Supervisor: 30, 60-day, annual evaluations