This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Regional Manager - Florida Division
Kids Against Hunger
Central Florida / Orlando area, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/17/2012
Categories: Fundraising - Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Kids Against Hunger is a humanitarian nonprofit organization with the mission to significantly reduce the number of hungry children in the USA and to feed starving children throughout the world. This is being achieved by getting volunteers involved, and by setting up food packaging satellites in the USA, and through partnerships with humanitarian organizations worldwide - enabling Kids Against Hunger to deliver its specially formulated rice-soy casserole to starving children and their families in over 65 countries. The Kids Against Hunger network currently includes more than 90 food packaging centers in 27 U.S. states with the goal of establishing 500 packaging centers in all 50 U.S. states. Visit www.kidsagainsthunger.org for more info.
The Regional Manager reports to the Executive Director of Kids Against Hunger in New Hope, Minnesota. His/her role is to oversee all operations of the Florida Region of Kids Against Hunger with the Division Headquarters in Orlando, FL.
The purpose of this position is to support Kids Against Hunger's mission to significantly reduce the number of hungry children in the U.S. and starving children throughout the world.
Personal competencies required for the Regional Manager:
• Ability to raise funds from public and private sources
• Well developed business analysis and planning skills
• Persuasive public presentation and writing skills
• Ability to work with cross-sector stakeholders to develop creative solutions to feeding children
• Familiarity with hunger reduction policy, issues, and best practices
• Willing and able to learn new skills as assigned
• Willing and able to work as a team member with other staff
• Sales experience desirable
• Competent in use of Microsoft Office Suite, but especially with Excel
• Must be able to work with groups and individuals representing faith-based groups, educational groups,service clubs and business leadership
Key accountabilities for the Regional Manager:
• Achieve annual fundraising goals
• Project and promote the Kids Against Hunger brand
• Build partnerships with faith, public, and private organizations that also work to feed children
• Create business processes that increase the productivity, cost-effectiveness, and skills of the organization
• Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local
• Develop an ongoing list of Satellite prospects
• In conjunction with the overall corporate vision, assure that the region has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which makes consistent and timely progress
• Carry out plans and policies authorized by the Executive Director
• Promote active advisory board participation, and ensure participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work
• Maintain a working knowledge of the significant developments and trends in the field
In communication, the Regional Director will:
• See that the Executive Director is kept fully informed on the conditions of the organization and all important factors influencing it
• Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals
• Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations
• Represent the program and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public
• The Regional Manager will be responsible to hire and maintain preapproved levels of staffing necessary to maintain a packing operation, as warehouse operation, and satellite fulfillment services for the state of Florida
• The Regional Manager will be expected to maintain an appropriate warehouse and sufficient office space as to facilitate packing efforts and fulfillment of materials and supplies of Satellite operations in Florida
• With support and cooperation from Headquarters, the Regional Manager will participate in the training of the satellite network in the state of Florida
In relations with staff, the Regional Director will:
• Be responsible for the recruitment and retention of all qualified and necessary personnel, both paid staff and volunteers
• Ensure that the job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place
• With the approval of the Executive Director and with Board approval, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly with designated officers, execute legal documents
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is *mandatory* to be considered for this position.
At this time, the organization is not able to offer health benefits. Flexible Spending Account access is available after six months of employment. This opening is for a full-time position. Some travel in the Orlando area is required.
TO APPLY, PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO INFO@KIDSAGAINSTHUNGER.ORG WITH THE
SUBJECT LINE "REGIONAL MANAGER". APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NO CALLS PLEASE.