This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Digital Media Developer
First Baptist Church Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 07/09/2012
Categories: Church Staff
Job Type: Full-Time
I. Position Summary
The Digital Media Developer will design and program digital media interface tools for FBA websites and online projects.
II. Essential Functions
1. Assist the designer and other creative specialists to understand the design concept and advising on how it can be implemented technically within constraints
2. Sort out operational logic and business rules that are necessary for the feature to be reproduced correctly according to the designer's specification
3. Write efficient computer code or script to make the various features work, ensuring that sound, graphics, animations and timings work as intended and make good use of processing and data storage capacity
4. Create and linking databases to the user interface so that information can be retrieved, stored and processed interactively via the application
5. Write for XHTML, XML, Flash, Action Script, Flex, AJAX or similar protocol, and using authoring packages where appropriate to create content and effects
6. Perform tests of the application to identify bugs which need to be rectified
7. Solve the problems by re-writing the code or adding new code which works around the problem
8. Provide technical support to an application once it is running and making further adaptations or patches to the code, or creating new versions
9. Research and keep abreast of emerging technologies in order to be able to deliver the most up-to-date solutions. This may require learning new programming languages or technologies
10. To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
1. Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibit a consistent Christ-like attitude and life
2. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in ISD, Computer Technology, or Design
3. Three to five years proven & demonstrated experience in Web Interface Design
5. Understanding of dynamic or active web content and the use of classic ASP, ASP.NET, and SQL.
6. High level of expertise in Flash
7. Experience and understanding of site architecture, user experience, color theory and color management on the web, proper file formats, compression methods and techniques, etc.
8. Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills (grammar, writing, and editing) in order to interact professionally with individuals both within the church staff, congregation and outside organizations or individuals.
9. A team player with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the Ministry area and the Church.
10. Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
11. Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines. Position will require occasional work on weekends and evenings, or work from home as required.
12. Ability to develop, plan, and implement Ministry and Church related short and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
13. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).