I. Position Summary
The Digital Media Developer will design and program digital media interface tools for FBA websites and online projects.
II. Essential Functions
1. Assist the designer and other creative specialists to understand the design concept and advising on how it can be implemented technically within constraints
2. Sort out operational logic and business rules that are necessary for the feature to be reproduced correctly according to the designer's specification
3. Write efficient computer code or script to make the various features work, ensuring that sound, graphics, animations and timings work as intended and make good use of processing and data storage capacity
4. Create and linking databases to the user interface so that information can be retrieved, stored and processed interactively via the application
5. Write for XHTML, XML, Flash, Action Script, Flex, AJAX or similar protocol, and using authoring packages where appropriate to create content and effects
6. Perform tests of the application to identify bugs which need to be rectified
7. Solve the problems by re-writing the code or adding new code which works around the problem
8. Provide technical support to an application once it is running and making further adaptations or patches to the code, or creating new versions
9. Research and keep abreast of emerging technologies in order to be able to deliver the most up-to-date solutions. This may require learning new programming languages or technologies
10. To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
1. Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibit a consistent Christ-like attitude and life
2. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in ISD, Computer Technology, or Design
3. Three to five years proven & demonstrated experience in Web Interface Design
5. Understanding of dynamic or active web content and the use of classic ASP, ASP.NET, and SQL.
6. High level of expertise in Flash
7. Experience and understanding of site architecture, user experience, color theory and color management on the web, proper file formats, compression methods and techniques, etc.
8. Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills (grammar, writing, and editing) in order to interact professionally with individuals both within the church staff, congregation and outside organizations or individuals.
9. A team player with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the Ministry area and the Church.
10. Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
11. Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines. Position will require occasional work on weekends and evenings, or work from home as required.
12. Ability to develop, plan, and implement Ministry and Church related short and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
13. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
First Baptist Church Atlanta
First Baptist Church Atlanta is a diverse congregation of over 10,000 members from all over the Atlanta metro area. Planted in 1848 when Atlanta was only a tiny railroad town, FBA has experienced consistent growth for more than 150 years. In 1971, Dr. Charles Stanley was called to serve as senior pastor when the church was located in downtown Atlanta at Peachtree and Fifth streets. Under Dr. Stanley’s leadership the church outgrew its building and purchased 55 acres and a building from the Avon Corporation in Dunwoody. In 1997, the con More...