Juba, South Sudan - The Program Manager, Human Resources coordinates and administers the Human Resource (HR) function for the specific field projects implemented by Samaritan's Purse (SP) in South Sudan. This should be done in a mature and responsible manner so as to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of personal information of the staff and of the SP payroll.
Samaritan's Purse has been working full time in South Sudan since 1997. During the war, the main office was located in Nairobi, Kenya. As of July 2011, Juba is the country office while Nairobi will provide logistical and financial support.
• Ensure that proper HR procedures and systems are operated and maintained at all project locations in compliance with the Sudan labor laws, SP policies and all relevant authorities.
• Review the SP national staff policies. Update the HR manual, interpret and train managers and staff on procedures, policies and guidelines indicated in the HR manual.
• Develop and implement strategy for HR management and development including but not limited to recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitude development, performance appraisal, compensation and benefits and quality management issues.
• Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the government and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) of South Sudan in the field of HR.
• Develop job classifications/grades and salary scales for the organization by conducting salary surveys.
• Plan for employee’s performance appraisal; develop tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development.
• Maintain and accurately prepare the monthly payroll and ensure compliance with tax laws of South Sudan.
• With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Provides limited supervision to others through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Human Resources Management, Communications, or related field; AND one to two years related experience and/or training in HR Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Knowledge of Sudan labor laws is highly preferred.
• Excellent skills in problem solving and conflict resolution, crisis management and training facilitation.
• Ability to work well within a team and build positive team spirit.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and work under pressure in a cross-cultural environment.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and meet deadlines.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL- EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE- EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Various, Not Assigned
- March 26
Outbound Sales AssociateGroup Publishing, Inc.
- Loveland, Colorado
- March 26
Audio Visual PresenterCamfel Productions
- Irwindale, California
- March 24
Director of Development & Public RelationsFireSeeds LLC
- Birmingham, Alabama
- March 20
- March 17
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...