Kampala, Uganda - The Senior Operations Manager assists the Country Director in providing overall management to Samaritan’s Purse (SP) activities in Uganda, including financial management, security planning, HR development and training, logistics management, strategic vision-casting and maintaining strong donor/government relations.
This position will be based in Kampala but may travel up to 50% of the time to SP field sites.
SP has been active in Uganda since the late 1990s, meeting the needs of those suffering the effects of chronic poverty, conflict and natural disaster. Our mandate of bringing God’s love to hurting people through practical solutions has prompted diverse partnerships and the establishment of key geographical field sites from which the majority of our programming is conducted – Karamoja sub-region, Northern Uganda and Western Uganda.
• Direct line management of HR, Finance, Logistics, Operations and Admin/Hospitality Managers.
• Conduct appraisals and encourage professional development for all direct reports, addressing underperformance, rewarding success, identifying growth targets and mentoring staff to success.
• Work closely with HR Manager to build capacity and improve staff performance and motivation through the development and timely implementation of effective orientation, staff development and training packages aimed at ongoing professional development.
• Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure all operations are conducted in accordance with agreed budgets.
• Work closely with Logistics and Operations Managers to ensure all vehicles and program assets are well maintained and accurately inventoried, all procurement systems are robust and effective, and all relevant policies are adhered to for the safety of staff and security of assets.
• Work closely with Admin/Hospitality Manager to ensure teams and visitors are hosted successfully.
• Design, implement and monitor the security and safety plan for all country operations; providing relevant and timely training to staff, ensuring organizational compliance with security protocol and monitoring potential and present emergencies through relationships with trusted security personnel.
• Work closely with direct reports to build capacity and improve the technical quality and efficiency of program support operations; encouraging the use of innovative and creative approaches to identify effective evidence-based support systems and liaising with International Headquarters (IHQ) technical staff where necessary.
• Assist the Country Director in ensuring all reporting to IHQ, SP affiliate offices, government and donors is timely, accurate, and appropriate and of the highest quality so as to continue strengthening program partnerships.
• Assist the Country Director in strategic development of the country program.
• Provide professional representation of SP at meetings with government, donor and civil society partners, actively and strategically engaging with stakeholders to increase support and publicity for SP programming.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Master’s degree in fields such as International Development, Business or other related fields
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• 3 years of international experience
• 5 years professional experience in relief/development
• Experience working in Uganda and/or East Africa, preferred.
• Experience in building and managing systems that provide high quality service in challenging environments
• Ability to be a spiritual leader; passionate about mentoring people
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied post.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL- EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE- EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Resident Care Worker for Adolescent Group HomeAdvent Group Ministries
- San Jose, California
- April 20
Treatment SpecialistChristian Children's Home of Ohio
- Wooster, Ohio
- April 20
Executive DirectorHeal Africa USA
- Caledonia, Michigan
- April 17
Residential CounselorFreedom House
- Burlingame, California
- April 16
One Child Matters - Ministry RepresentativeVanderbloemen Search Group
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- April 15
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...