This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Program Manager, Hanger Construction, Kenya (1253)
Eldoret, Rift Valley Province, Kenya
Date Posted: 07/09/2012
Categories: Missions/Int. - Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Eldoret, Kenya - The Program Manager, Compound Construction for Samaritan’s Purse (SP) in Kenya will manage and oversee the SP hangar construction project in Eldoret. This includes oversight of construction staff, coordination with the Country Director and hospital board, planning for future developments, and liaising with local government, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), and the community. This individual must be flexible with the ability to adapt to different construction methods and materials.
• Responsible for the oversight and management of the construction of SP hangar facilities.
• Responsible for the negotiation of purchase orders with key suppliers.
• Oversee procurement of materials for construction.
• Responsible for managing a team of local labor, i.e. office personnel (accountant, purchasing agent, etc.) and construction personnel (foremen, masons, carpenters, etc.)
• Abide by the Standard Operating Procedures of SP, working as a team and living an exemplary life as a Christian leader.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• 4 plus years of construction related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• 3 plus years of construction management experience.
• Ability to act as mediator with possible labor or personnel disputes.
• Practical quick thinker who keeps communication lines open with all parties in program or scheduling changes.
• Ability to live and work in a unique culture including showing respect for community leaders and making every attempt to understand specifics of the culture and decisions being made.
• Possess good observation and listening skills.
• Ability to live in a simple, warm, and often challenging environment with few amenities.
12-18 month contract.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL- EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE- EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”