Eldoret, Kenya -
• Maintains a current aviation medical certificate and valid pilot's license.
• Performs pilot duties as needed or assigned.
• Files flight plans as needed or assigned.
• Obtains weather data and interprets data based on flight plan.
• Completes aircraft weight and balances for flights.
• Loads and unloads passenger's luggage in aircraft.
• Keeps assigned aircraft charts and software updated.
• Keeps the aircraft clean, neat, and polished when home and away from the home base including sanitizing the aircraft restroom facilities after each flight.
• Assists in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of all Samaritan’s Purse (SP) hangars property.
• Performs pre-flights, in-flight test, and post-flights as needed to ensure safety of flight.
• Works with the FAA as assigned.
• Represents Samaritan’s Purse and AIM as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others.
• Assists with office duties and other duties as assigned.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• 2,500 flight hours, 1,000 of which as PIC.
• 2 years of commercial/for profit aviation experience.
• A&P or significant management/leadership experience.
• 2 years of living and/or working overseas, desirable.
• ATP and/or CFI licenses and/or experience in the DC-3T, King Air B-200, or C-208 desireable
Samaritan's Purse Pilots perform various flights related to the missions work out of Kenya. We offer a 4-year contract with the potential for renewal.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL- EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE- EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Adoption Social WorkerPrivate Profile
- Bakersfield & Santa Maria, California
- August 28
Facilities TechnicianTEAM (The Evangelical Alliance Mission)
- Carol Stream, Illinois
- August 28
Grant Compliance OfficerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- August 22
Audio Visual PresenterCamfel Productions
- Irwindale, California
- August 22
Executive DirectorChristian Adoption Services, Inc.
- Matthews, North Carolina
- August 18
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...
More Jobs from this Company
Assistant Director, Strategic Promotions and Partnerships / Operation Christmas ChildBoone
Youth and Young Adult Strategic Partnership SpecialistBoone
Production and Video Projects Coordinator/BroadcastBoone
International Disaster Response Technical AdvisorBoone
International Regional Manager MENA - Operation Christmas Child(1229)Boone