This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Berean Christian Stores
West Chester, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 07/06/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Berean Christian Stores Controller
Berean Christian Stores has a rare opening for a Controller to join this growing retail chain based in beautiful West Chester, Ohio. Our Controller leads a team of six employees, serves on the leadership team and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This position is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of company financial planning and budget management functions and ensuring that company accounting procedures conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This position also has the opportunity to provide leadership over the Human Resources of the company.
Education, Experience & Skill Requirements:
• Minimum of a 4 year college degree.
• CPA certification preferred.
• Minimum of 6 years of work experience.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting in compliance with GAAP standards.
• Strong knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
• Professional written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills.
• Ability to motivate team to produce quality information within required timeframe.
• Strong managerial skills and ability to participate in and facilitate meetings.
• Proficient with Great Plains and Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to close books accurately and timely.
• Organized and able to prioritize multiple projects.
• Occasional overnight travel (6-8 nights per year).
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive starting salary based on experience.
• Group health, vision, dental, life and disability plan.
• 401k Plan.
• Paid time off for vacation, sick leave and holidays.
• Excellent culture and work environment.
• Paid training.
Please email or fax resume to Patty Maxwell in Human Resources by July 23, 2012 at email@example.com or 513-728-6975.