This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Elementary School Principal
First Baptist Christian Academy
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 06/29/2012
Categories: Administrative - Education
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Christian Academy is seeking to hire a qualified Principal to lead our rapidly growing school toward a God Honoring vision. FBCA is currently a Pre-K to 6th grade Christian school with less than 100 students. We use the A Beka curriculum. As an ongoing goal, we seek to expand our current scope to High School grades and beyond that do post-secondary work . Highly qualified applicants should have educational leadership and school administration experience, at least five years of teaching experience (preferably at the elementary/middle school levels). The school Principal is responsible for school operations, academic supervision, school budgeting/fund raising, parent and public relations, as well as other duties related to operating and growing a school. We are seeking a mature Christian who has a passion for providing a quality education to this generation, who is equipped to lead a growing faculty, and who would relish the challenge of growing a school. Candidates must be in full agreement with our school’s mission and statement of Christian faith.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES :
The Academy Principal is the chief executive of the school, and in partnership with the Board Of Directors, is responsible for the success of the school by carrying out its vision and fulfilling its mission. The Principal provides spiritual, educational, and administrative leadership to the school. Through his/her leadership, he/she is to strive for excellence by guiding, inspiring, and directing all phases of the school's operations, finances, personnel, and environment in accordance with the direction and policies set forth by the Board Of Directors
* Believes the Bible to be the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word Of God
* Commits to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ and evidences this by seeking discernment, wisdom, and guidance through prayer and reliance on scripture.
* Oversight of the spiritual aspects of the school including students, teachers, staff, and volunteers
* Models a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and is a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school.
* Oversees the effective integration of a Christian worldview through the use of Biblical principles and a strong philosophy of Christian education throughout the use of the A-Beka curriculum.
*Evidences the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with teachers and other staff members, students, families, and the community at large.