This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Domestic Logistics Associate / Operation Christmas Child
Boone, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 06/28/2012
Categories: Administrative - Church/Ministry
Job Type: Contract
DOMESTIC LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE / Operation Christmas Child
Samaritan's Purse has a need to fill a temporary position to provide additional logistical and corporate donor support for Operation Christmas Child during our busy collection period. This is a FULL-TIME, TEMPORARY POSTION FOR APPROXIMATELY 4 MONTHS beginning in August 2012.
The Domestic Logistics Associate:
• Maintains accurate and current information for the Samaritan’s Purse website on all Operation Christmas Child shoebox gift collection site locations.
• Assists the Corporate Relations & Domestic Logistics (CRDL) Manager with the assembly and shipping of materials to collections sites before and after collection period.
• Provides administrative support for all incoming and outgoing correspondence handled by the CRDL Manager.
• Collects and processes collection site profile information and agreements.
• Assists with the tracking of all Gift-In-Kind donations. Ensures proper record keeping, and appropriate acknowledgement of the donor(s).
• Assists with the search and development of Gift-In-Kind contacts. Conduct research, compile information, and manage correspondence.
• Assists with the preparation and dissimilation of training materials to volunteers and field staff as it pertains to the acquisition of corporate Gift-In-Kind.
• Provides support for Domestic Logistics and Corporate Relations volunteer teams throughout the US, with a focus on building relationships and managing correspondence with long-term volunteers and corporate donors.
Qualified candidates will have experience with database management and customer service related to volunteers and corporate gift-in-kind donors; managing information shared via web sites; and coordinating and supporting volunteers. Ideal candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment as well as focus on uninterrupted work for long periods of time. Must demonstrate proficiency using Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook and be able to learn other software applications as needed.
Go to www.samaritanspurse.org. Under "Who We Are" choose "Employment Listings", then click on "U.S. Positions." Find the position you are interested in; then please complete the on-line application by clicking “Apply Now” at the bottom of the page; and attach a current resume and cover letter stating your interest in this position.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible