This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 07/11/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Global Awakening, a Christian faith based ministry is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the applicant will be responsible for supporting the Finance Department by maintaining effective and streamlined accounting systems. This position will require a working knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles and reporting requirements of nonprofit organizations. The applicant must be flexible and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, remain calm under pressure, organize, meet deadlines and work well in a team environment.
Staff Accountant responsibilities include:
• Maintain all accounting records and balances through the adjusted trial balance, including responsibility for processing accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Assist with budget planning, financial forecasting and cash management.
• Process monthly International trip expense reports. This includes analyzing reports, correcting errors, balancing report, formatting, and preparing data for Journal Entry into QuickBooks.
• Reconcile Petty Cash monthly
• Perform month end close duties to include Cost of Goods Sold, allocation of interdepartmental charges, and other items given by Director of Finance.
• Record and track fixed assets and leases.
• Analyze and correct current-period errors in the general ledger.
• On a monthly or quarterly basis, prepare sales tax information from the bookstore and cafe sales.
• Process payroll through outsourced payroll service provider, ensuring accuracy of all transactions and compliance with federal and state wage and labor laws.
• Assist the Director of Finance in preparing for external reviews/audits of the Organization.
• Assist Director of Finance with other accounting tasks as needed.
The Staff Accountant will have at least three years of professional accounting experience and will have the following experience and attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with an emphasis in accounting
• Demonstrated experience in the nonprofit sector
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly organized and detail-orientated
• Must be able to demonstrate maturity and discretion in maintaining confidentiality because of the nature of this position i.e. storage, locking files, shredding papers and proper care of documents to maintain security
• Technically skilled with Microsoft Office suite products, especially with intermediate skill level in Excel
• Proficient with using QuickBooks
• Work hours will require flexibility during events
Interested? Please send resumes to email@example.com. Check out our ministry at www.globalawakening.com.