This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Donor Relations Assistant
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 06/21/2012
Job Type: Part-Time
To provide warm and friendly customer service to contributors and staff members with questions regarding contributions and supported staff accounts. Customer service responsibilities will include answering phone calls, responding to emails, and writing response letters. Other responsibilities include maintaining the donor contact records in the CRM donor management system, assisting with report preparation, and providing guidance to volunteer staff under the direction of the Donor Relations Coordinator.
1. Serve donors by answering their questions and concerns related to their giving records or current WA projects and policies in a timely fashion.
a. Answer phone calls and return voicemail messages in a warm and friendly manner
b. Respond to letters and notes with either prewritten replies or handwritten notes or cards as appropriate
c. Respond to e-mails
d. Maintain donor contact records in the CRM system and filing system
e. Update donor mailing preferences
2. Serve donors by helping them make donations.
a. Provide information on methods of giving
b. Assist donors who would like to use the online giving option
c. Process credit card or EFT donations for donors who call in
3. Assist supported staff and volunteers with questions on donations designated for their ministry.
4. Assist other departments who may be interacting with donors to strengthen our relationship.
5. Maintain an awareness of current WA projects and Marketing initiatives.
6. Interface with donor services to carry out donors’ wishes regarding their giving records.
7. Interface with the development department with any major donor questions or concerns.
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge:
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Computer literate, possessing a working knowledge of administration and data processing programs, including Microsoft Word & Excel.
3. Possesses the ability to maintain a positive and friendly attitude.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with donors through patience, and kindness etc.
5. Operates by utilizing demonstrated organizational, written and especially verbal skills.
6. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to work with confidential information, exercising discretion; violation of confidentiality being possible grounds for dismissal.
8. Conflict resolution, negotiation, creative thinking and problem solving skills. The intellectual ability to handle these difficult tasks must be combined with a personal warmth and evident love of Christ.
9. 1-2 years experience as either Administrative Assistant, Operator, telemarketer or Data processor helpful.
10. Experience with support based ministries a plus.