About the League
The Pocket Testament League has, since 1893, motivated Christians to read, carry and share the Word of God. Started as the vision of a teenage girl named Helen Cadbury, The Pocket Testament League provides resources to help believers develop a lifestyle of biblical discipline and personal evangelism. The ministry also encourages people to support others who are sharing their faith, through a unique sponsorship program in which sponsors actually receive feedback from those they sponsor showing how lives are being changed.
Our members have shared more than 110 million Gospels during the history of this Christian outreach ministry, forever changing millions of lives around the world. The ministry is designed to equip Christians who are serious about sharing their faith with others.
The Pocket Testament League is a virtual organization with a $2 million budget and a distributed team who work from their homes. The President works from Sacramento, the Executive Director lives in Southern California, the VP-Marketing is in Georgia and two regional development directors are in California. Accounting and receipting is outsourced to an accounting company in Pennsylvania. All is done in a lean, effective and efficient manner.
The position is based from home.
The Webmaster/ Digital Products Manager is an integral part of the marketing team, supporting branding and promotional initiatives through the organization’s multilingual (Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Spanish) web presence. Since PTL is a web based ministry this position is responsible not only for the websites, but many efforts that interact with the websites.
Other requirements include a mature and growing Christian faith, exceptional organizational skills, and experience with international websites, mobile apps, tracking and reporting on all web related efforts, automated emails implementation, marketing emails implementation, online advertising implementation and Google Analytics.
The ideal candidate will lead the ministry into the launch of potentially 100 more languages/websites over the next few years.
Goal of the position:
• To lead web and technology efforts for The League
• Manage and maintain various digital products (interactive web and mobile)
• To improve member recruitment and member performance, turning members into “Ideal Members” by implementing The League marketing and technology plan
• To provide automated web based solutions for efforts throughout the world
The Webmaster/ Digital Products Manager is an integral part of the marketing team, supporting branding and promotional initiatives through the organization’s multilingual web presence.
The ministry has developed a custom website in php. We do not currently have a content management system for the web and automated emails. We work with Streamsend for marketing emails.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Multiple existing websites including www.ptl.org in English, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (T), and Chinese (S)
• Future websites including Japanese, Portuguese, German and other languages
• Mobile apps in different languages
• Tracking and reporting on all web related efforts
• Automated emails implementation
• Marketing emails implementation
• Online advertising implementation
• Google Analytics implementation/report knowledge
• Strong organizational skills and an eye for details.
• Experience in international web development
• Experience in creating mobile apps and mobile friendly websites.
• Experience in optimizing user interface to drive constituent engagement with the Ministry.
• Must also have knowledge of the most current HTML extensions—programs that make it possible to add special features to web pages such as animations and interactive surveys.
• Must have a working knowledge of FTP (file transfer protocol) and other programs that enable these functions to work.
• Google Analytics / Facebook Analytics - must have experience in developing tracking codes and evaluating effectiveness.
• Must understand and be able to address issues of browser/server compatibility, including which browsers and servers work well together and which ones do not.
• Must be able to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and changing demands.
• Has experience with graphic design.
• Exhibits active listening skills to elicit sufficient information to clarify requests and provide meaningful information, products and/or services to the requester while meeting production schedules and deadlines.
• Works efficiently and effectively under deadlines in a diverse environment. Identifies potential problems, evaluates options and implements solutions before they affect established time frames.
• Ability to think creatively by developing, designing or creating new applications, ideas relationships or products to promote the ministry.
• Proven ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment using proper time management techniques.
• Possesses a general understanding of advertising and marketing and how people think and react to visual images.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and to carry out assignments to completion with minimal instructions, to adhere to prescribed routines and practices, to maintain records, and to accept critiques and revisions.
• Knowledge of The Pocket Testament League. Has read and understands our statement of faith.
• Develop and maintain The Pocket Testament League's websites and mobile apps through the use of text, audio, video and graphics; daily site maintenance and operation; and interfacing with the Ministry’s internal and external web partners.
• Creates effective and trackable landing pages for marketing efforts.
• Oversees usability of multilingual sites and ensures proper testing is done before launch.
• Ensure all website and mobile apps translations are up to date and tested.
• Review daily cron reports
• Responding to issues directed to the webmaster regarding problems on the site.
• Assures that web pages comply with established policies, guidelines, and standards.
• Email Marketing - create and manage sending of automated emails (PTL system) and marketing emails (currently we use Streamsend, but experience in Constant Contact or Mail Chimp would be a plus)
• Google Analytics / Facebook Analytics – develop tracking codes and monitor
• Responsible for meeting ministry needs on both for mobile friendly web pages and mobile devices
• Custom data imports and exports.
• Graphic design.
• Oversees electronic advertising campaign
Other Job Functions
• Gathers and implements information for web and email publishing and distribution in order to optimize user experience and promote and expand the public’s knowledge of The Pocket Testament League
• Create pages that can be used on any type of server and viewed with any type of browser.
• Creates landing pages that can be used for all efforts.
• Performs ongoing research of online technology and behavior and trends in online commerce and publishing to ensure that the organization is reaching its target audience utilizing competitive resources.
• Design pages and content, create HTML mock-ups and create email templates which optimize user experience and facilitate the capture and manipulation of data in order to enhance the Ministry’s ability to reach targeted audiences.
• Executes the Brand Identity and maintains graphic and editorial standards to ensure consistency, to promote the brand and stimulate desired response through the organization’s websites.
• Identifies the necessary materials and determines most cost effective means of executing the project.
• Supports the organizational leadership by actively seeking out and identifying methods to improve productivity, offer solutions, support Ministry goals and objectives.
• Accomplishes work in a timely fashion
• Begin each Monday by joining staff prayer
• Embraces The Pocket Testament League vision, mission, and core values.
Bachelors Degree required. Minimum of five years experience in Web design, production, and management, coupled with the demonstrated ability to create and manage multiple projects.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Web DeveloperSalem Church Products
- Richmond, Virginia
- September 29
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Design AssistantSalem Church Products
- Richmond, Virginia
- September 13
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The Pocket Testament League
The Pocket Testament League has, since 1893, motivated Christians to read, carry and share the Word of God. Started as the vision of a teenage girl named Helen Cadbury, The Pocket Testament League provides resources to help believers develop a lifestyle of biblical discipline and personal evangelism. The ministry also encourages people to support others who are sharing their faith, through a unique sponsorship program in which sponsors actually receive feedback from those they sponsor showing how lives are being changed. More...