This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Englewood, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 06/09/2012
Categories: Accounting - Administrative
Job Type: Part-Time
Complete Job Description and Application Available at: http://apply.cadence.org/careers
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable as well as performing a variety of routine accounting activities efficiently while promoting and maintaining a strong internal control environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process weekly accounts payable invoices and occasional manual payment requests.
• Review and process employee/missionary expense reimbursements.
• Process/Record corporate credit card transactions and maintain the reconciliation website.
• Maintain/Update vendor and missionary remittance and payment information.
• Provide customer support to vendors and missionaries.
• Maintain appropriate files in compliance with corporate document retention policies.
• Maintain/Update accounts payable procedure manuals.
• Ensure all requests for payments are properly approved and accurately applied to accounts.
• Monthly analysis, calculation, and allocation of various in-house charges.
• Process and maintain all accounts payable recurring and memorized transactions.
• Gather 1099 information and maintain W-9 forms for vendors.
• Generate and distribute 1099 forms and form 1096 annually.
• Record cash disbursement entries and occasional cash receipt entries.
• Maintain and reconcile petty cash.
• Process and reconcile cash advances.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Education: High School Diploma required; college degree in accounting or related field preferred
• Experience: At least 2 years previous bookkeeping or accounts payable experience. Nonprofit experience a plus.
• Born again, mature Christian with an affinity for the mission and work of Cadence International.
• Because of the distinctly Christian emphasis of Cadence’s mission work, willing to sign and comply with Cadence International’s Code of Christian Conduct.
• Willing to join departmental staff in periodic prayer times for the needs of the mission and to attend the weekly headquarters chapel held during work hours.
• Ability to exercise considerable discretion in the handling of confidential or sensitive matters.
• Effective communication skills, oral & written.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and willing to learn any necessary additional programs. Experience with Sage Fund Accounting preferred.
• Knowledge of Cadence policies/procedures and benefit package or the ability and willingness to learn.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
Competencies for Success:
Strength in the following competencies are preferred:
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution
• Demonstrated planning and organizing skills
• Adaptability – to culture, change and tempo
• Willingness to deploy Cadence Mission/Vision
• Heart for reaching military and the world reflected through personal serving of others and sharing of resources
• Ability to think creatively and problem-solve
• Customer Service Orientation – giving high priority to customer satisfaction
• Team player able to work independently and willing to pitch in on other projects lying outside of job description
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Cadence International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs, talk, listen and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.