This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Teacher, Jordan (1189)
Mafraq, ., Jordan
Date Posted: 05/24/2012
Categories: Education - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Mafraq, Jordan - We have a Teacher position available in Mafraq, Jordan. This position will be responsible for coordinating the educational and teaching curriculum for the children of expatriate Samaritan’s Purse (SP) staff and partners in Jordan. In addition, this Teacher may have other responsibilities as given by the Country Representative.
Working in Jordan can be difficult, as the temperatures are extreme, road conditions are challenging and the work is demanding.
• Demonstrates Christ-like behavior that is reflective of the standards and policies established for an employee of SP and is pursuant with the organizational core values.
• Coordinates, organizes, and administers the educational curriculum for the students including the day to day activities in coordination with the home school curriculum.
• Ensuring a positive learning environment for the children which would consist of clean working spaces and organization of all teaching and school supplies.
• Communicates with the Country Representative and parents on the progress of the children and the school (it is suggested that monthly meetings be arranged).
• Assists, when possible and needed, in other educational areas of SP.
• Maintains an expert knowledge of SP projects.
• Demonstrates spiritual and personal maturity to represent the organization well.
• Ability to educate children and seeing them develop to their potential. If necessary, be able and willing to provide extra tutoring to the students on a needs basis.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Elementary or Secondary Education or related field and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Overseas teaching experience desirable.
• International travel, experience living in the developing world, and/or experience working in a developing world desired.
• Strong communication skills; ability to express accurately and effectively both written and verbal.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and tasks at any given time.
• Able to teach and train children; ability to grasp quickly and continually increase information and ideas.
• Ability to work in a team environment; must communicate and engage with both the SP team, the “Parent Team” as well as the “Student Team.”
• Ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance, by setting clear goals and objectives.
• Ability to understand and work with people in other cultures.
• Ability to set vision, and goals for the classroom.
• Ability to adjust quickly to new situations; ability to assess problems and seek and implement solutions.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is not able to accommodate families.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”