Akuem, South Sudan - This position is based in Akuem which is located in Northern Bahr el Ghazal State (NBeG) and is the primary field office for the Church Reconstruction Project (CRP), which has constructed more than 478 churches. During the many years of civil war in Sudan, the Christian church in the south faced persecution and church buildings were looted and demolished, many of them being burned to the ground. Since the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) was signed in 2005, Samaritan’s Purse (SP) has been bringing hope and answers to prayer for South Sudanese Christians by helping rebuild destroyed churches.
In the fall of 2010, Akuem base also began a Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) program and drilled 62 wells in 2011 with a drilling rig owned and operated by SP.
In December 2010 and January 2011 thousands of South Sudan returnees traveled from Khartoum by bus, lorry and railway to Northern Bahr el Ghazal State due to the referendum vote and the potential secession of South Sudan. The returnees are continuing to arrive having fled South Sudan during the decades of civil war between the north and south. SP has responded to the situation using the organization’s resources in WASH and becoming involved in NFI (non-food item) distributions for returnees at destination points throughout Northern Bahr el Ghazal State.
The Fleet Mechanic is expected to carryout fleet servicing, repair and maintenance in all Samaritan’s Purse bases in South Sudan.
• Daily planning of workshop work flow; assign duties to mechanics and drivers and supervision of day to day servicing, repair and maintenance of organization’s vehicles, tractors, drilling equipment, trucks, generators, quad bikes and motorcycles.
• Coordinate fleet servicing, repair and maintenance in various Samaritans Purse Bases in Greater Bahr El Ghazal including site visits to the field workstations.
• Order fleet and heavy drilling equipment spare parts, lubricants and essential workshop supplies from local and international dealers in liaison with procurement and finance departments.
• Draft weekly and monthly periodic workshop reports to be sent to the organization headquarters and donors.
• Maintain adequate stock inventory levels at all times so as to facilitate quality and timely fleet servicing, repairs and maintenance.
• Order fleet fuel for vehicles and planes and track and maintain daily fuel log sheets.
• Offer technical assistance and advice to the fleet manager as well as the Senior Management Team in relation to fleet servicing and repair needs, procurement of spare parts, workshop tools and equipment, workshop staffing levels and funding needs.
• Conduct staff orientation and on job training to newly employed drivers, mechanics, turn boys and local Sudanese citizens contracted by Samaritan’s Purse.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Automotive Engineering or other relevant field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Over five years working experience as a fleet and/or general mechanic, ideally in an international setting.
• Driving skills of light and heavy commercial vehicles.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to cope with stress and live in basic conditions; flexibility and patience.
• Fluency in spoken Arabic Language is desirable.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied position.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...