Unity State, South Sudan - The Field Accountant is responsible for implementing, and coordinating all financial and budgetary aspects of programs in Unity State, South Sudan; responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to the specific programs and projects assigned in Unity State.
• Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
• Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
• Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Finance Manager as assigned.
• Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse’s (SP) field accounting policies.
• Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions for SP field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
• Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
• Ensure all cash is reconciled on a weekly basis, reporting any over/under to country office and investigate any over/under situations.
• Administer all cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end.
• Provide support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required.
• Ensure contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles.
• Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work to implement feasible improvements.
• Prepare and submit month-end reports to SP office regarding country-wide operations in a timely fashion.
• Maintain accuracy in financial records.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance or related field and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Proven management experience.
• Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
• Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Above average communication skills-both verbal and written.
• Works well in adverse team and a pressured environment.
• Diplomatic, level-headed in stressful environment.
12 month contract with potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...