The teacher is supervised by the principal and is responsible for instructing and supervising students in the technology classroom and supervising paraprofessionals, as assigned.
• A commitment to Jesus Christ as Personal Savior
• Continuing evidence of spiritual growth
• Agreement with the Milpitas Christian School Statement of Faith
• Bachelor’s Degree (Educational Technology focus preferred)
• State Teaching Credential or a commitment to complete within 5 years
• ACSI Certification or ACSI Temporary Certification within 3 years, ACSI Standard Certification within 5 years
• Meet and instruct the students in the location at the time designated
• Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided
• Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the immediate supervisor
• Encourage students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior in accordance with Biblical Principles
• Model, by word and lifestyle, the finest principles of Christian character
• Provide an effective program of technology instruction in accordance with the adopted curriculum, using required teaching strategies and consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
• Strive to implement, by instruction, the Milpitas Christian School philosophy of education and to meet instructional goals and objectives as outlined in staff and student handbooks, policy manuals, and curriculum guides.
• Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
• Maintain records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation
• Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when necessary and under reasonable terms
• Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules and administrative regulations
• Attend and participate in faculty and department meetings and committee assignments
• Actively collaborate with classroom teachers in planning instructional goals, objectives methods and integrating technology across the curriculum
• Serve as a member of the technology team and the Teacher Empowerment Fund committee
• Conduct relevant training for teachers in the area of educational technology
• Assist in the selection of texts, equipment, and other instructional materials
• Support the technology specialist in the maintenance of the computer labs
• Manage the technology education program budget with input from the principal
• Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and colleagues concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of all students
• Establish and maintain cooperative professional relations with others
• Prepare a yearly statement of goals for professional growth which will be shared with the supervisor in September
• Show initiative in implementing goals by attending workshops, reading professional journals, etc.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the administration in accordance with school policies and practices
• Serve as resource and support for parent organizations
• Assist in accreditation processes
• Participate fully in activities and functions of the PTF
ADA Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Milpitas Christian Schools Inc.
Located on a nine acre campus, our elementary and middle school facilities include twenty-eight classrooms, a library, cafeteria, two computer labs and athletic fields. We have thirty-six qualified, Christian teachers and a support staff of thirty. Our daycare staff includes a full time daycare director, providing a well-rounded extended daycare program. The elementary and middle schools are fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and by the Association of Christian Schools International. Milpitas Chr More...