This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Irvine, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/24/2012
Categories: Church Staff - Church/Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Director of Student Ministries
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor Family Ministries
The Director of Student Ministries is a full-time position responsible for overseeing all aspects of Jr. High/High School Ministries at IPC , devoted to recruiting, equipping, supervising, encouraging and coordinating leadership teams (lay ministers)- both adults and students- for building up the body of Christ. The Director will work under the direction of Associate Pastor of Family Ministries and in close partnership with Family Ministries Team and Program Staff. This position will also be responsible for the supervision of youth ministry interns.
• Leadership Development: Recruit, train, encourage and coordinate teams of lay-leaders, empowering parents, coaches, teachers, youth mentors, and small group leaders to be key partners in the discipleship of students.
• Empowerment of Families: work in close partnership with parents to encourage and them in the spiritual nurturing of their students.
• Teaching: Identify or develop curriculum which effectively communicates biblical truths, empowering students to live as faithful Christians.
• Engagement with Congregation: Work with Sr. Pastor, other program staff and Family Ministries to develop opportunities for Jr. high and high school students to engage in other ministry and mission endeavors of Irvine Presbyterian Church.
• Partnering with other Churches and Para-Church Organizations: Connect with other churches and Para church leaders to nurture collective outreach to students.
• Administration and Supervision: Oversee all student ministries and supervise and give direction to volunteers, leadership teams and youth interns. Prepare and manage the ministry budget and ensures responsible use of the facilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Candidates for this position must have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and demonstrate this relationship through their life and testimony.
• Candidate should have proven leadership and leadership training abilities, exceptional communication and organizational skills, and the ability to relate well with adults of all ages.
• Candidates must have a min of 3 years relevant experience and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Theological education preferred
• Prior experience with and knowledge developmentally of both Jr High and High School age students is highly desired.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to limited resources we will not be able to respond to each resume received. Thank you for your understanding.