This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Denver, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
MOPS International (Mothers of Preschoolers) exists to encourage, equip and develop every mother of preschoolers to realize her potential as a woman, mother and leader in the name of Jesus Christ. MOPS is seeking to hire a Programmer/Web Developer to work here in our Denver office. The position is full-time with a pay range of $40,000-$45,000. As a ministry, all employees need to be able to sign our Faith and Values Statement.
Position: Programmer/Web Developer
Reports to: Associate Director of Information Technology and Office
Hours: Temp to Hire. Person will be working in Denver office.
Scope: Performs activities related to design and development of web applications, utilities, and reports. Includes gathering and documenting requirements, designing and coding programs, maintenance of existing applications, creating and performing data extracts, documenting and developing design standards using verifiable best practices and established Software Engineering Processes.
• Designs, develops, implements and maintains application modules, reports, and other data extracts following established Software Engineering Processes.
• Demonstrates expertise in the use of software languages and markup languages required for interfaces, applications, utilities, reporting and extracting information from databases.
• Communicates effectively with users in the gathering of requirements, proposing alternatives, progression of projects, and impact of work.
• Works effectively independently and as part of a team environment.
• Assists in managing MOPS database by documenting database structure through an Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD), creating and maintaining database scripts, and continually analyzing and enhancing database performance.
• Consults with different departments to define needs and refine system to maximize multipurpose uses.
• Able to apply business rules and how they affect coding and processes along with quality control.
• Creates new web site modules and maintains organization’s web sites.
• Provide scope definition for projects with estimates of both effort and elapsed time required
• Train others in the organization so they are able to access and create reports to provide ongoing information required for continuous improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Able to faithfully sign the MOPS International Faith and Values Statement.
• Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and maintains a Christ-like attitude in dealing with people inside and outside of MOPS.
• Is willing to uphold the MOPS staff and ministry in prayer and aligns with the MOPS mission and vision.
• Analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Systematic and methodical approach to reach a desired result.
• B.S. in Computer Science or relevant academic fields preferred.
• Work experience in developing and maintaining web sites.
• Strong working knowledge of web and systems design, database design and software development methodologies and use of applications such as Zend Studio, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Visio, and MySQL Admin.
• Working knowledge of front end design, graphical design, and usability standards a plus.
• Effective interpersonal skills for frequent interaction with customers, management, and subordinates.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic PC support skills in a Windows environment