This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pasadena, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/27/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for the management of the Accounting Department and related functions. Acts as financial advisor to the Chief Financial Officer providing financial analysis and planning, budget control, accounting methods and profit and loss reporting for HRock Church, Harvest International Ministry, Ambassador Foundation and other organizations handled by central accounting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supervises and trains Accounting Staff in operations and procedures
• Responsible for Internal Control compliance
• Financial Statement Preparation
• Account Reconciliations
• Cash Flow reporting
• Oversees Weekly deposit
• Fixed Asset recording
• Oversees Donor recording and receipting
• Oversees Accounts Payable
• Approves coding for weekly check runs
• Maintains filing systems for paid A/P invoices and other documents
• Reviews, analyzes and interprets all financial and budget reports
• State and Federal reporting as required by law
• Prepare and file sales and use tax returns
• Issue yearly 1099 and 1098 reports
• Prepare information for 990-T return
• Year end close and preparation of audit work papers
• Makes recommendations to management on changes and improvements to systems
• Ensures staffing coverage for Count Room for deposit processing
• Available for deposit preparation as part of rotation and attend meeting and special events as needed.
• A Bachelors degree in accounting.
• Minimum five years accounting supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of SQL for creating and report writing.
• Working knowledge of Accounting software preferably Shelby Systems, Windows 98/2000, MS Office, SQL.
• Personnel and project management organizational experience.
• Experience working with multiple projects and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.