This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Salvation Army
Carnegie, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2012
Categories: Camp Jobs - Food Services
Job Type: Contract
The Salvation Army Western PA Division
Job Title: Head Cook Department: Camp Allegheny
Grade: N1 Exempt: N
Responsible to: Camp Director/Associate Youth Secretary
Work under the direction of the Camp Director in the preparation process of the food for Camp Allegheny campers and staff.
1. Maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
2. Organize and administer a safe and meaningful program of cooking.
3. Serve as a role model to campers and other staff members by complying with all camp personnel policies and by modeling lifestyles according to Biblical imperatives for Godly living.
4. Assume responsibility for supervision and instruction of skills and knowledge of the kitchen.
5. Attend and contribute to all staff meetings.
6. Cultivate an atmosphere of team effort among camp staff.
7. Promote observance of the spiritual emphasis of camp and of the moral and ethical code affecting campers and staff.
1. Prepare and oversee the preparation and service of food according to menus.
2. Along with the Dining Room Supervisor, oversee the cleanliness of the kitchen.
3. Assign work responsibilities for food preparation for the second cook and/or assistants.
4. Work with the Associate Youth Secretary/Camp Director in ordering all food for camp, oversee the inventory process, and check all incoming deliveries to be sure that invoices are correct and in keeping within the budget.
5. Carefully estimate quantities and portions according to the standards outlined by the Summer Food Service Program and the Department of Child Nutrition, so that waste is minimal.
6. Plan daily work schedule of the kitchen staff around the preparation and serving all meals.
7. General knowledge of dining room rules.
8. Oversee the preparation of evening snacks for staff and campers.
9. Participate in pre-camp orientation and help lead kitchen staff orientation.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Camp Director or Camp Director.
Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or Certified GED
2. One to three years of experience in food preparation
3. Knowledge of health and fire codes a plus
4. Certified in ServeSafe
I will be available to assist in other camp activities as needed and instructed by the Camp director.