Programmer/Analyst Position summary
Responsible for serving as a liaison between specific functional areas and Information Technology Services through the analysis, design, and implementation of mission-driven information systems and services. Designs data retrieval and management systems to meet user needs. Conducts feasibility studies, evaluates costs, analyzes user needs, designs in-house application systems or subsystems, programs the systems or subsystems, develops testing criteria, and establishes documentation to support the new systems. Role Qualifications
- Strong ability to create good will with staff and faculty; ability to teach and coach; servant attitude.
- Articulate; trustworthy with confidential information; desires professional growth.
- Ability to analyze problems effectively and generate solutions; keeps abreast of developments relevant to computing in higher education and organizational settings.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for the students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities. Position Responsibilities
- Sets goals and objectives and manages available resources to achieve these objectives without the need for frequent follow-up.
- Analyzes, designs, and modifies windows form and web-based information systems and services including designing, programming, testing, and implementing to support organizational application systems in direct and indirect support of assigned functional areas.
- Consults with users to identify operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Works with project teams to develop information systems that align with organizational goals and objectives.
- Researches new application development technologies and methodologies for possible application to organizational goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned. Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven ability with technical development of dynamic, database-driven applications using the .NET Framework necessary; well-developed skills with web programming, including knowledge of ASP.NET, SQL, CSS, and HTML desired;
- Two or more years related experience in designing and programming applications using windows forms, web interfaces, and database management systems. Education
Bachelor’s degree with a major in business information systems, computer science, digital media, or related field preferred.About JBUInformation describing the university
is available on-line. Apply
Please complete the application
then email it along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.