Juba, South Sudan - The Flight Coordinator will be responsible for overall coordination and management of all flights in South Sudan and supporting flight operations. This position will support and train area logistics managers in implementing existing air cargo activities while also providing monitoring and evaluation tools to assess progress against agreed objectives. The Flight Coordinator will also identify areas and opportunities for improving cost effectiveness of all flights.
This role will be responsible for regular program reporting to the Senior Operations Manager and must ensure effective coordination of flight activities with the relevant area logistics managers. This position will be based in Juba but may travel up to 20% of the time to Samaritan’s Purse (SP) field sites.
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Technical flight knowledge in terms of: payloads and how it is impacted with rotation lengths to different airstrips.
• Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Good interpersonal and written oral communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate activities with area logistics managers and area coordinators, build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
• Willingness to travel in and out of field.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL- EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE- EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Community Manager (Case Manager)Joy Ranch, A Christian Home for Children
- Woodlawn, Virginia
- September 28
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...