Juba, South Sudan - Samaritan's Purse (SP) has been working full time in South Sudan since 1997. During the war, the main office was located in Nairobi, Kenya. As of July 2011, Juba is the country office while Nairobi will provide logistical and financial support.
The Deputy Country Director (DCD) is responsible to assist the Country Director (CD) in activities that promote the success of field programs and staff development. Management responsibilities include
government and donor relations, program design and implementation, grants, budgets, daily field operations, and field staff support.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years related experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Possesses strong organizational skills, networking skills and cross-cultural communication skills.
• Knowledge of project planning and implementation.
• Experienced in cross-cultural team leadership.
• Extensive field humanitarian experience in a management role.
• Understanding and experience in logistics.
• Experience in financial and administrative coordination.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to operate for extended periods in austere conditions.
• Willingness to travel frequently and to stay in the field for extended periods.
• Ability to coordinate activities with the local community and establish working relationships with other NGOs.
• Good team-player and able to live and work closely with a team.
• Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road and extremely muddy conditions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as government laws and regulations, humanitarian and political reports, and annual reports.
• Ability to speak effectively before large groups and key partners.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is not able to accommodate children.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL- EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE- EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Administrative AssistantShepherd's Staff Mission Facilitators, Inc.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 13
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...