This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Programs Manager, Mozambique (1084)
Maputo, N/A, Mozambique
Date Posted: 04/24/2012
Categories: Management - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
Maputo, Mozambique - Samaritan’s Purse (SP) began operations in Mozambique in 2000, responding to floods in Gaza Province. Since then SP has expanded its work to seven districts in Gaza Province and six districts in Inhambane Province. SP implements its community-based programs through a team of over 200 full-time staff and 5,000 community volunteers.
SP’s primary areas of intervention are food and economic security, water and sanitation, health and nutrition, orphans and vulnerable children, and ministry. In addition, SP specializes in providing rapid and effective disaster relief.
The Senior Programs Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, and oversight of programs in Mozambique. The Senior Programs Manager must ensure that all program designs and outputs align with Samaritan’s Purse’s strategy, donor standards, and local laws. Other essential duties may include assisting the Country Director (CD) in the management of: Operations, Security, Human Resources, Financial Reporting, or Community Relations.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree; or 3 to 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred
• Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa or Mozambique.
• Field level management experience.
• Project development experience.
• Possesses strong organizational skills, networking skills and cross-cultural communication skills.
• Experienced in cross-cultural team leadership.
• Experienced in managing multiple programs and large diverse teams.
• Must be a humble team player.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Willingness to make frequent travel in and out of the field and willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
• Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road and extremely muddy conditions.
• Portuguese language skills required
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied post.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL- EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE- EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”