This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Publishing Director/Sr. Editor
Explore God Network
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/24/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
The e3 Foundation is seeking a Publishing Director with a demonstrated ability to use written content to engage culture around spiritual matters via a number of different genres. The position is based in Austin, Texas.
The e3 Foundation is a non-profit Christian foundation committed to leveraging technology, media and written content to share the gospel in relevant ways and advance God’s Kingdom around the globe. We believe that faith and intellect are inseparable. Our desire is to engage cultures through both the heart and mind with authentic and compelling content.
This individual will play a vital role in developing written content that turns vision into reality, and will be responsible for being the final checkpoint for written content. This individual will also be responsible for protecting our tone in all written content related to Exploring God. For more information about the e3 Foundation, please visit the web site, www.e3-Foundation.com or Exploring God at www.exploringGod.com.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Developing written content that is in alignment with the current content mix and the e3 and Exploring God vision.
• Overseeing and managing all of the written content team players and contractor writers who produce and edit content, building relationships and communicating with these authors frequently; vetting and recruiting new writers and editors.
• Responsible for checking copy for errors, editing to maximize search engine optimization, and making light and heavy editing decisions as needed
• Editing will be made on the content (authenticity and relevancy to the topic), language (grammar and content flow) and aesthetics (photos, images, sound, audio and video).
• Providing fresh ideas and creative vision regarding all e3 and Exploring God projects
• Verifying all quotes or citations of previously published works as accurate and correctly referenced
• Working with different team members to ensure a diverse written content mix (articles, stories, struggles, videos, blog posts, social media, etc.) based on market surveys and research
• Checking every piece of written content to make sure it matches the mission of e3 Foundation and Exploring God
• Measuring and documenting progress using e3’s standard reporting protocols, reporting regularly to CEO and COO
• Identifying opportunities for improvement and making constructive suggestions
• Inspiring co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence
• Managing third party vendors and staff in a cost effective manner to be a good steward of e3 Foundation resources. Managing budgets and costs effectively and providing adequate updates on any significant variances from approved budgets.
• Providing monthly updates to the exploringGod.com team (monthly team meeting) and bi-monthly updates to the CEO and COO.
• Working with management to explore and execute on ways to curate written content from other ministries/partners.
• Coordinate closely with media content, social media and technology teams to ensure consistency where appropriate and to establish integrated execution calendars.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Required Professional Skills
• Heart and passion for evangelism and how to use various written content genres to engage culture in Exploring God.
• Content production, editing and publishing experience
• Excellent writing skills
• Editing experience
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to juggle many projects at one time and meet all deadlines
• Work well on a team and be willing to pitch in however needed to accomplish the goals of the organization
• 3-5 years’ experience minimum
• Bachelor's degree is required
• Theological knowledge and an understanding of the broader perspectives and views of the various Protestant denominations, as well as a general understanding of the Catholic theology. Understanding of the various world religions is also a plus.
• Understanding of the basics of search engine optimization and able to write or edit optimized written content.
• Good stewardship and budgeting experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel essential).
• Digital and print publishing experience.
• Blogging and internet writing experience.
• Strong intuition and communication skills; understands messaging and segmentation to successfully reach diverse target audiences
• Ability to multitask with excellent organization skills, quick turnaround, and extreme attention to detail
• Positive outlook, highly motivated, with a personality that can adapt to change in a start-up/early stage organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with a team and also independently
• Strong work ethic and passion for the work
This is full-time, salaried position with benefits. To apply, please contact Glenn Smith at email@example.com. Please include “Publishing Director” in the subject line of the email.