A Salem Communications AE generates revenue by developing market potential through managing an account list, prospecting new accounts, lead generation, qualifying new opportunities and extending existing ones, proposing solutions to clients, providing reasonable and reliable projections, and closing sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meets or exceeds established monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
• Identifies market potential by qualifying accounts
• Initiates sales process by prospecting, scheduling appointments, making initial presentation.
• Understands business needs, developing proposals, closing sales.
• Closes sales by building rapport with potential clients, expounding on the benefits of Salem’s three radio properties in Minneapolis and other resources; overcoming objections, etc.
• Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing additional solutions and services;
• Participates in all new revenue opportunities.
• Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive radio stations and other media products and reactions from clients.
• Participates in and represents stations in at least one civic club and regularly brings station management as guest to club meetings.
• Participates in Chamber of Commerce events, after hour events, and networking opportunities within at least one community and when invited by management.
• Participates in station events, supporting each event as determined by management.
• Identifies client needs to be filled.
• Responsible for keeping commitments in a timely manner and resolving issues promptly.
• Accountable for customer satisfaction and providing high quality service in
• representing Salem Communications
• Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent presentation skills
• Outstanding communications skills both oral and written
• Ability to effectively communicate and interface with peers as well as executive level management.
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities, and responsive to customer requests and management.
• Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines.
• Demonstrates business knowledge and ethical behavior.
• Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
For more information, please Email your resume to Nic Anderson, General Sales Manager of Salem Communications- Twin Cities: email@example.com
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Multimedia Sales and Marketing Account Executive- Minneapolis, MNSalem Communications
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- March 10
B2B MarketingGrace Products
- Richardson, Texas
- March 10
Media Services CoordinatorSalem Web Network
- Richmond, Virginia
- March 7
Part Time SalesBelieve Beauty LLC
- Hawthorne, New Jersey
- March 6
Fitness CoachPrivate Profile
- Columbia , South Carolina
- March 5
Salem Communications is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programing to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing, More...