CAMP ALLEGHENY - JOB DESCRIPTION
General Responsibility: To be the health manager for the camp; supervise health and cleanliness standards; work with Camp Director and staff; and help provide adequate physical health conditions for all.
Responsible to the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director. Supervised directly by the Camp Director.
1. Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Pennsylvania (or other appropriate training as approved by the Camp Director and Camp Physician).
2. Experience with children, young adults and senior citizens.
3. Ability to originate, update, and/or monitor health care, maintain records, and implement the health care plan.
4. Current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
5. Must complete Hepatitis B shot series at the expense of the camp.
6. Desire to work in camp setting.
1. Ensure each staff member and camper has on file a health history and examination form, as required.
2. Set up system for health screening for arriving campers and staff.
3. Conduct inventory of supplies and place orders when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of supplies.
4. Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record keeping in the daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications, and utilizing approved standing orders.
5. Coordinate coverage of the health care center keeping regular infirmary hours. You must be available at all times for counselors and campers in emergencies.
6. Distribute medications in the dining hall during camper meal times. Distribute bedtime meds from the infirmary. Inform counselors of all campers needing medication.
7. Make appointments, when necessary, with medical/dental personnel in the community. Accompany sick staff member or camper to the appointment when necessary getting full report of diagnosis and prescription, and bringing insurance claims to the Camp Director's Secretary.
8. Check and issue First-Aid Kits restocking when necessary.
9. Complete and file accident/incident reports. .
10. Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety, CPR, first aid, and use of universal precautions for infection control.
11. Monitor health of all staff notifying appropriate supervisors of injured/sick staff members especially when they are unable to complete job assignments.
12. Assist counselors in severe cases of homesickness.
13. Notify the Camp Director before leaving the grounds
14. Carry a two-way radio at all times not in the infirmary.
15. Maintain order and cleanliness of the Infirmary at all times.
16. Prepare a summary evaluation of the camp season including inventories, staff evaluations, camper reports on health problems, and recommendations for the following season.
17. Monitor/evaluate camp procedures, facilities, and conditions and suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions in the camp.
18. Give direction and supervision of the Nurse's Aide
19. Provide an atmosphere of tender-loving care and encouragement that allows campers and staff members to feel comfortable to share their problems.
20. Assist where possible for the benefit of the camper and the smooth operation of the camp.
1. Must possess the physical strength to lift/assist campers or staff.
2. Able to read prescriptions and health exams from physicians.
3. Visual and auditory abilities to identify environmental hazards.
4. Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid.
5. Able to maneuver and drive an assigned golf cart to get to remote locations on camp property quickly.
6. Able to communicate and train staff in safety regulations and emergency procedures.
These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
StoryBrook/Special Needs Camp DirectorSpringHill Camps
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- September 23
Staff Development CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 22
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Quality Compliance ManagerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 9
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.More...