This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sales and Distribution Specialist
Bible League International
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/16/2012
Categories: Business Opportunities - Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Through the support of generous donors, BLI is providing people with Bibles they can understand so that they will be brought into fellowship with Jesus Christ and His Church. We do this worldwide by translating, distributing, and engaging people in the Scriptures.
The Sales and Distribution Specialist will be responsible for interacting with one of the largest publishers in the country, managing the copyright registrations and ISBN assignment process, and maintaining inventory records for off-site warehouse locations in the U.S. and India. This is an exciting opportunity for a detail-driven individual who requires very little supervision.
This position will be located in Ft. Worth, TX.
Specialist Responsibilities (70%)
1. Conduct online research for projects and procedural development.
2. Assemble and analyze budget and sales reports. Forecast future sales and identify inventory needs.
3. Maintain records of inventory at off-site warehouse locations and arrange for delivery of new product from printers (including WBTC India) and inventory movement between warehouse locations.
4. Assist Senior Director of Sales with projects. Works with sales team to create promotions and develop methods to increase product sales.
5. Review invoices from outside vendors, prepare them for payment, and deliver to accounts payable for processing.
6. Maintain numerous files of royalty and licensing contracts. Regularly follow up to ensure compliance of contractual provisions. Work closely with outside consultant rights manager.
7. Receive and process information of a confidential nature and ensures that such information is strictly kept confidential.
8. Manage full copyright registration and ISBN assignment process, while paying close attention to every detail.
9. Participate in tradeshows and book fairs. Occasional travel will be required.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Clerical Responsibilities (30%):
1. Respond to escalated customer inquiries about products; identify, analyze, and solve customer problems.
2. Maintain communications with WBTC-India via email.
3. Respond to initial inquiries about products and procedures in translation.
4. Greet/welcome office visitors and serve as back-up for Bookstore calls. Assist with filing on occasion.
5. Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes and makes copies of correspondence and other printed materials.
6. Provide back up for prompt and timely service to customers throughout the sales transaction and enter orders into the system as they are received by phone, in person and through the mail. Follow order processing procedures to ensure products are shipped with accurate shipping and handling instructions.
7. Post sales transactions to the general ledger.
8. Record payments and processes returns for a large book company.
• Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our Statement of Faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 1-2 years related experience and/or training accepted.
• Should be proficient in Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Email and the Internet.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with staff across the organization in both written and verbal form.
• Cross-cultural experience desired.
• Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume required. Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
For more information about the ministry, visit www.bibleleague.org.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Bible League International
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Sales and Distribution Specialist Position
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, Bible League International has the right to and will only hire candidates who agree with Bible League International's Statement of Faith and profess Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.