This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Edmonds, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 03/28/2012
Categories: Fundraising - Missions/Int.
Job Type: Full-Time
The purpose of visionSynergy is to advance the mission of Jesus Christ by calling the Global Church to work together in partnership to address the most challenging and strategic global mission opportunities in the world today. VisionSynergy accomplishes its mission by: 1) advising the formation and effective operation of ministry partnerships & networks 2) developing and offering training resources to increase the collaborative capacity of current and future mission leaders.
visionSynergy is recruiting a full-time, skilled and experienced financial development and donor communications manager in our Edmonds, WA office. This candidate will have a high commitment to world evangelization and a vibrant personal relationship with Christ which is demonstrated in character and lifestyle. A person with international ministry experience or familiarity with global missions is preferred. He/she will have at least five years of experience and a proven ability in managing the administrative responsibilities associated with financial development and donor communications. This includes writing grant proposals and reports, managing the donor database, communicating with donors and foundations via phone and email, writing and editing newsletters and ministry updates, and general office and administrative responsibilities.
• Ability to work well in a small team and contribute to the collaborative spirit
• Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity and experience with the grant-making process of Christian foundations
• Ability to produce newsletters, reports, and promotional materials
• Database management, preferably experience with Sales Force
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to track projects and meet deadlines
• Administrative abilities with the capacity to handle high-level communication with donors, foundations and organizational leaders.
1. Financial Development
• Provides administrative oversight, strategic planning, and tracking for all VS financial development
• Is familiar with VS donors and foundations and their grant-making requirements
• Manages the grant and report submission process by tracking all deadlines
• Is familiar with VS programs and priorities in order to develop proposals
• Works with other staff to write, edit, and submit grant proposals and reports
• Assists with identifying new donors, donor retention strategies, event planning
• Manages all donor records through Sales Force and filing system
• Along with the Executive Director, maintains ongoing communication with donors and foundations by phone, email, and reports
• Assists the Executive Director in scheduling appointments and travel arrangements related to financial development
• Produces monthly Update, e-newsletter, annual reports, website updates and other resources for ongoing communication with donors
• Utilizes social media tools to develop financial development strategies.