This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Junior Web Development Coordinator
Precept Ministries International
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 03/26/2012
Categories: Church Developer - Internet/E-Commerce
Job Type: Contract
The Junior Web Development Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day and strategic management of the Precept.org website and sub-domains, with the responsibility of keeping the sites online, functioning properly and providing users a rich online experience. This position assures quality and filing integrity of web pages. This position works in concert with the Marketing Manager and Web Content Developer to design, update, track and collect needed data from the ministry's online platforms. Please Note: This position will begin on a contract basis with the possibility of full-time employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Designs web pages, including graphics, animation and functionality using a custom site building platform.
2. Performs regular file maintenance including the management and research of effective data storage solutions in conjunction with Precept Ministries IT, Precept Technology Office and Ministry Technology Architecture.
3. Develops web page infrastructure and applications related to pages with more advanced graphics and features.
4. Debugs performance issues for all PMI websites.
5. Controls security of the websites.
6. Serves as the interface for performance issues between Marketing/PMI and outside technology vendors (such as hosting companies or email service providers) and the PTO.
7. Troubleshoots the website including content, links, order flows, registration flows and transaction logs.
8. Reviews statistics and monitor analytics. Provide monthly analysis of the website’s business performance.
9. Plans for website improvements, which will necessitate staying current with technology including software and hardware solutions to provide sound recommendations for continual improvement in website performance and ROI.
10. Collaborates with Online Marketing Specialist to formulate and implement Search Engine Optimization strategies through the HubSpot online application.
11. Manages new contact database from Hubspot to ensure it will integrate within the MTA when the time comes. Works with PTO to resolve technical issues.
12. Manages Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns to achieve optimum ROI for individual active search terms for one or more of the major search engines.
13. Advises Director and Manager of Marketing on the improvement, results, competition, and new direction in technology to assist with marketing PMI and achieving goals.
14. Performs segmentation pulls and analysis in MPX. Troubleshoots and obtains necessary data via PTO when MPX is having “issues.”
15. Collaborates with and supports Social Media Team with the technical implications and needs for alternative digital marketing strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
2. Fluent in Final Cut Pro and/or Avid Adrenaline for video production, post production and understands the advantages of different format conversion options and how to optimize publication, distribution and user experience.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working environment within the organization and with external partners by demonstrating the proven ability to guide, support, and encourage teamwork.
4. Exhibits active listening skills to elicit sufficient information to clarify requests and provide meaningful information, products and/or services to the requester while meeting production schedules and deadlines. Must be detail oriented.
5. Works efficiently and effectively under deadlines in a diverse environment. Identifies potential problems, evaluates options and implements solutions before they affect established timeframes.
6. Demonstrated ability to prevent and diffuse unpleasant situations within the organization and external partners.
7. Ability to think creatively by developing, designing or creating new applications, ideas relationships or products using artistic contributions in order to promote and forward the Precept Ministries International brand identity message or encourage a positive reader response.
8. Proven ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment while generating enthusiasm and competence in others by using proper time management and proven motivational techniques. Leads by example while possessing empathy for others in a balanced work environment.
9. Ability and willingness to listen and understand, provides solutions, and reconsiders positions. Gives and receives instruction and criticism with professional ethics, tact, and courtesy as well as the flexibility to seek and incorporate input of others into a solid plan of action.
10. Possesses a general understanding of advertising and marketing and how people think and react to visual images.
11. Thorough understanding of Precept Ministries International organizational principles associated with complex
coordinating, consulting, and operational relationships; particularly management, education, administrative, and control relationships as well we the ability to apply them soundly.
12. Ability to work independently, and flexibly as well as part of a team, and to carry out assignments to completion with minimal instructions, to adhere to prescribed routines and practices, to maintain records, and to accept critiques and revisions.
13. Knowledge of Precept Ministries International Inductive Study Method and various other programs.
14. Ability to provide direction to others regarding the design and presentation of Precept Ministries International communication to its various constituencies.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree required. Minimum of three years experience in Web design, and production, coupled with the demonstrated ability to create and manage multiple projects. Knowledge of the Precept Ministries International Inductive Study Method is beneficial. Any acceptable combination of education, training, and experience.