Job Purpose: Enhances executive’s effectiveness by providing information management support, representing the executive to others, and performing all aspects of Human Resources to protect employees and the ministry.
Exec. Asst. Duties:
• Assists and relieves executive of a variety of complex administrative duties; utilizes independent judgment, determining when to act for executive and when to refer problems for personal attention.
• Screens incoming mail, both internal and external; answers or refers to managers for appropriate distribution of correspondence not requiring executive’s personal handling; alerts executive of mail which requires immediate action.
• Compiles and analyzes requested information; drafts replies and/or transcribes correspondence for signature.
• Places, receives and refers telephone calls to appropriate personnel; responds to highly diversified inquiries from management, employees, constituents and the general public; regularly interfaces with other agencies outside the ministry to exchange information, answer inquiries, act on problems and secure cooperation or approval on action to be taken; follows up to ensure that response has been adequate.
• Maintains executive’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
• Extends world-class hospitality to everyone, in person, via correspondence or on the telephone.
• Checks, prepares, corrects and/or summarizes reports, records and correspondence.
• Operates and inputs data into computer terminals, utilizing existing software; performs computer inquiries and generates computer reports.
• Secures information by completing database back-ups.
• Operates independently in absence of executive; assists and advises executive on problems; sorts correspondence, mail and matters by order of priority for immediate action or upon executive’s return.
• Serves as liaison between executive and others; follows up to ensure a timely response to projects and assignments.
Assistance at off site events. Position may require some travel on weekends or
Human Resource Representative Duties:
Recruit new employment applicants using the ministry website, online recruiting
sites, and possibly hiring events.
Administer the Human Resource interview with applicants chosen for the interview
Process new hires and enroll them in eligible benefits.
Research and process any benefit changes.
Facilitate new employee orientations.
Know the federal and state laws regarding hiring, benefits, discrimination, COBRA,
terminations, and more to make sure the ministry is up to date and covered.
Ensure compliance to federal and state labor laws and reporting guidelines.
Handle employee medical issues and know when to use FMLA.
Draft any documents needed that relate to Human Resources, including job
descriptions, manuals, and forms.
Keep employee files up to date and implement the laws on confidentiality.
Understand employee classification terminology and document reasons and
changes to such.
Track employee leave requests for eligibility.
Advise managers on disciplinary matters, terminations, ministry policy, and more.
Facilitate Supervisor orientations.
Work to encourage employees, boost motivation and morale, and relieve stress in
Process any Worker Compensation claims.
Provide HR reports to leadership when requested.
Know when and how to create new policies.
Understand safety issues and regulations to interpret and implement them in the
• Displays the ability to safeguard the ministry’s integrity when handling confidential information.
• Performs other duties as assigned, which may include duties of lower level job grades.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
• Office environment; involves sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dynamic work environment that can stressful.
• Extended work hours on occasion.
Character/Spiritual: Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Family Talk; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Family Talk in prayer; demonstrates behaviors aligned with Family Talk core values.
Knowledge/Experience: Specialized training/education equivalent to three years of college or 5 years minimum of directly related experience.
Skills, Abilities and Special Talents/Gifts:
-Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written), especially when directing other personnel; frequently interfaces with individuals in executive positions; complete discretion, courtesy and tact required when dealing with individuals on telephone or in person.
-Ability to establish and maintain rapport with various levels of staff across the ministry.
-Ability to respond appropriately to employees, constituency and executive management, especially during high-pressure situations.
-Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to adjust priorities accordingly.
-Good mathematical and analytical skills to develop and monitor systems.
-Good leadership capabilities to coordinate administrative workflow.
-Type 65 wpm.
-Proficient in the use of computer hardware and software.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Human Resources & Benefits SpecialistWorldVenture
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 23
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
International Talent ManagementCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 21
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Family Talk Mission Statement
"To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based, and to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, the focus of the ministry is on marriage, parenthood, evangelism, the sanctity of human life and encouraging righteousness in the culture."More...