This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community Teams in apartment communities
Lynnwood, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 04/23/2012
Categories: Hospitality - Missions/Domestic
Job Type: Part-Time
MISSIONAL LIVING AND HOSPITALITY MINISTRY
Have you always wanted to make a difference in the lives of your neighbors? Community Northwest allows you to do just that!
Community Northwest places Community Teams into apartment communities to assist management in building community and serving residents. These teams receive a rent free apartment and commit at least 10 hours per week (per team member) for a combined total of 70 hours to the community plus 10+ additional hours a month spent in relationship building.
A Community Team can be a married couple with or without children, OR Two single adults of the same gender who attend the same church and know each other well.
Please note: We do NOT match singles together. Due to the nature of the job and ministry, the team must have an established relationship.
Community Teams do things that flow naturally out of the Christian lifestyle - welcoming new residents, planning social functions for the community, and caring in times of need. Make a difference in the lives of your neighbors - and have FUN doing it!!
The Community Building program is a proven resident retention program. Community Teams recognize that residents want more than just a place to live - they want a community of friends, a place to belong, and a caring touch. We host small group activities and meals for the whole apartment community, welcome new residents that move in, and support the staff and residents in any way we can. We are looking for people who live and breathe hospitality and have time to really invest their lives in a community. Community Teams are neighbors who make an apartment a home!
Qualifications for both Team Members--
• Growing Christian with a calling to this ministry
• Three years work experience or four-year college degree
• Active involvement in a local church or home fellowship
• Stable emotional well-being and healthy personal relationships
• Effective communication and organizational skills
• Ability to initiate relationships and work with diverse groups of people. Speaking spanish is helpful for one of our openings.
• Must be good at making others feel welcome.
• Successful completion of background checks
• Must be comfortable with using a computer and have your own computer and printer
• Must have own car
• Commit at least 10 hours per week (per team member) for a combined total of 70 hours in month
• Commit to serve for at least 18 months
• Commit $100 per month to Community Northwest
• Must have a heart to love others and to live with a strong faith
• Previous volunteer ministry experience is helpful
• Social and recreational activity planning experience is helpful
*PLEASE NOTE: Both Team Members must meet these qualifications. Singles, please apply with a friend as we cannot match team members.
We are accepting applications for the entire Puget Sound area. These are our current openings:
*Everett (2 communities)
If you are interested in being a Community Team,
*PLEASE send an EMAIL requesting more information to info [at] communityteams.org. Please DO NOT send your emails through this site, as we will not see them in a timely manner.
*Please DO include a paragraph or two about yourselves using proper punctuation and grammar, but please DO NOT send resume.
*Also, PLEASE let us know which location or area you are interested in.
Those who do not follow the instructions listed will not receive a reply back. We are looking for people who can operate in both a ministry setting and a business/professional setting.
Community Northwest is a 501c3 organization with a religious designation.