This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lansdowne, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 03/14/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Care Net, located in Lansdowne, VA, a pro-life Christian non-profit ministry is seeking an Accountant in the Finance department. The position is 40 hours per week, with competitive pay and benefits.
The Accountant will support the Controller in conducting the financial affairs of the organization.
Specific duties of the Accountant will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manages Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and daily Revenue transactions
• Generates monthly financial statements and quarterly board reports
• Perform monthly account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications for accuracy
• Oversees the bookkeeper and her responsibilities
• Maintain accounting policies and procedures
• Performs biweekly payroll and maintain HR paperwork according to state and federal regulations
• Assists with annual budget and forecast process
• Work on year-end audit schedules to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
The candidate must be analytical, innovative, able to work independently, ability to supervise staff, possess impeccable attention to detail, and have the ability to interact with staff in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, resourceful and efficient, all with a high degree of professionalism.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with at least three years’ experience in general accounting
• Non-profit accounting experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
• QuickBooks Enterprise knowledge and experience a must
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Supervisory or managerial experience required
• Strong written and oral communications with interpersonal skills
• Has the ability to travel to the Care Net Annual Conference
• Computer literate and must be able to demonstrate proficiency in all Microsoft Office and Google applications
• A mature Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Agrees with and upholds Care Net’s Statement of Faith and possesses a strong commitment to Care Net’s pro-life position—that life begins at conception and all life is valuable no matter the circumstances of conception.
• Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org