This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
Worland, Wyoming, United States
Date Posted: 03/14/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is an evangelical independent Bible church with cultural
Lutheran roots and a blended worship style. We are located at the base of the Bighorn
mountains in north-central Wyoming, two hours from Yellowstone National Park and three hours from Billings, Montana and Casper, Wyoming. Zion is a dynamic multi-generational
congregation of approximately 500 members (average Sunday attendance is 250-300) with a passion for missions, service to all age groups, and a commitment to growing together as
followers of Christ. Our mission is to glorify God in love, worship, and obedience by
proclaiming the Gospel, discipling and equipping believers, and taking His Word to the ends of the earth.
The Associate Pastor position involves ministries which assist the senior pastor and pastoral needs of the congregation such as occasional preaching, regular teaching duties, visitation, administrative responsibilities and general spiritual oversight of the congregation.
Specific duties and responsibilities include ...
- Teaching / Preaching
- Regular preaching in the Sunday Morning worship service(Avg. once per month)
- Weekly teaching of an adult Sunday School class
- Weekly preaching at the nursing home worship service (or arrange fill-in)
- Weekly leading of a small group Bible study
- Preaching in special worship services as needed
- Periodic writing of devotional articles in the church newsletter
- Pastoral Care
- Regular prayer for the congregation and the community
- Regular visitation: including nursing home, hospital, and home visits.
- Hospitality of members and visitors in our home
- Pastoral counseling (crisis, marriage & family, personal issues, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Personal mentoring and discipleship relationships (doing more of this each year)
- Serving the Lord’s Supper to shut-ins (working with elders)
- Working closely with senior pastor to proactively deal with issues that arise in the congregation
- Assisting the senior pastor in every possible way to care for the congregation
- Supporting the senior pastor (publicly and privately)as he leads the congregation
- Meeting regularly with the youth pastor to support and encourage him
- Weekly participation in leading a portion of the worship service
- Performing weddings as needed
- Performing baptisms as needed
- Leading the communion service as needed
- Assisting senior pastor with communion service
- Administrative: Overseeing the youth ministry and youth pastor; Regular meetings with the senior pastor to assist in church planning and coordination of events and ministries; Assisting the senior pastor with long range planning per senior pastor’s request; Involvement in local ministerial association; Editing and proofreading weekly church newsletters and Sunday bulletins; Developing emerging ministries in the church; Participating in monthly Consistory meetings; Leading the young adult ministry; Leading the church in the senior pastor’s absence.
Personal qualifications include a vibrant relationship with Christ, a passion for various facets of ministry, excellent and effective communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
Other qualifications include the minimum of a Master of Divinity degree, a solid foundation in biblical knowledge and ordination with a reputable church (or a willingness to be ordained in a reasonable time frame).
Salary and Benefits
Salary to be based on education and experience. Benefits include paid vacation, parsonage and health reimbursement account.
Zion’s Statement of Faith
1. The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God, written.
2. There is only one God, eternally existent in three Persons– Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
3. In the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, and His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the father, and in His personal return in power and glory
4. The salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, salvation is by faith in the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
5. In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present world.
6. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost, unto the resurrection of ation.
7. In the spiritual unity of all believers.
In the sacraments of Holy Communion and Baptism.
Dan Scheuerman (Search Committee Chairman) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone- (307) 347-2266
Zion’s Statement of Faith