This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Walk Thru the Bible Ministries, Inc.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 03/07/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
The Development Director for Advancement and International Ministries is responsible for identifying, acquiring, retaining, cultivating and growing major donors to Walk Thru the Bible. A major donor is defined as someone who gives Walk Thru the Bible, on average, $10,000 a year.
The Advancement and International Ministry division is responsible for raising funds, which in turn, support the mission and vision of Walk Thru the Bible. The Development Director will be responsible for an annual revenue target which will enable the division to reach its goal. Development Directors are expected to work together to accomplish both individual goals and the division goal. As a result, Development Directors must be able to work collaboratively to accomplish both personal and division goals. If the position offices somewhere else besides Atlanta, monthly visits will be required to the Atlanta office in order to foster this.
The Development Director will have some key support in the areas of data management and preparing collateral material for donor events and “asks” but he/she will need to provide his/her own support in the way of setting appointments, booking travel, letter preparation and mailing, and maintaining information in RasiersEdge as it relates to donor files.
In addition, the Development Director must meet the following personal qualifications:
A committed follower of Jesus Christ, demonstrated by an intimate knowledge of Scripture, an active prayer life, a humble spirit, and active involvement in a local church.
A high degree of personal integrity, handling both personal and professional affairs honorably and keeping commitments.
The ability to relate well with a variety of people.
The ability to work well in a team environment where the input of others is welcomed and encouraged.
1. Work individually to develop donor acquisition and retention plans for your assigned geographic area. Work with the Walk Thru the Bible Advancement Team to leverage acquisition and retention strategies.
2. Compellingly articulate the mission, vision, and ministry to which God has called Walk Thru the Bible.
3. Using Raiser’s Edge, track communication and moves management strategies with potential and current major donors.
4. Provide leadership for special events which will have as a focus identifying, prospecting, cultivating, and/or acquiring major donors.
5. Prepare written proposals, with the help of the Major Donor Team, which effectively and compellingly describe the work God has called Walk Thru the Bible to do and the “return on investment” that each donor will see.
6. Leverage the network of your Walk Thru the Bible major donors by giving them the tools and coaching necessary to be ambassadors for the ministry.
7. Plan and execute, with the help of Walk Thru the Bible international partners and the Major Donor Team, “Vision Trips” to the field for potential and current major donors.
8. Keep abreast of the ministry of Walk Thru the Bible by interfacing with international partners and visiting projects. Be able to effectively describe any Walk Thru the Bible project, the cost to accomplish the project, and the expected ministry outcomes to donors.
9. Leverage speaking opportunities for the President/CEO, other senior executives and key international partners, in order to build awareness of Walk Thru the Bible and its ministry and help secure funding for any of its projects.
10. Insure gifts from major donors are assigned, acknowledged and followed up on properly with timely information and updates on the ministry the gifts accomplish.
11. Submit activity reports each week to the Senior Vice President for Advancement and International, participate in occasional conference calls, and attend monthly in-house meetings for the purpose of strategy and evaluation.
12. Be able to articulate your personal walk with Jesus Christ and relate it to the ministry of Walk Thru the Bible.
13. Possess a love for the poor, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or culture, and a burden to connect them with God’s love and the compassion of Christians in the United States.
14. Be able to relate your own personal giving to God’s Work and the positive impact it has had on your life and the life of your family.